News, Culture & Society

Fox commentator Charles Krauthammer announces he has just weeks to left to live in cancer battle

Fox news contributor Charles Krauthammer has revealed he has just weeks left to live in his battle with cancer.

The 68-year-old gave the harrowing announcement that his cancer has returned despite undergoing surgery last August on Friday.

The Pulitzer Prize-winning analyst said that in his long journey with cancer, his doctors have told him he has ‘just weeks left to live’ in a statement published in the Washington Post. 

Fox news contributor Charles Krauthammer, 68, says he just weeks to live in his battle with cancer

‘I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months. I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I’m afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me,’ he said in his open letter.

‘My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over,’ he added. 

Last August he underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in his abdomen.

It was successful but left him in the hospital for months fighting ‘secondary complications’. 

‘It was a long and hard fight with many setbacks, but I was steadily, if slowly, overcoming each obstacle along the way and gradually making my way back to health,’ he said. 

‘However, recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly,’ he added. 

He shared the harrowing announcement on Friday, pictured in 2011 at the Washington Post Writers Group

He shared the harrowing announcement on Friday, pictured in 2011 at the Washington Post Writers Group

‘I wish to thank my doctors and caregivers, whose efforts have been magnificent. My dear friends, who have given me a lifetime of memories and whose support has sustained me through these difficult months. And all of my partners at The Washington Post, Fox News, and Crown Publishing,’ he said.

‘Lastly, I thank my colleagues, my readers, and my viewers, who have made my career possible and given consequence to my life’s work. I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking. I am grateful to have played a small role in the conversations that have helped guide this extraordinary nation’s destiny,’ he added.

The political commentator closed his letter on a positive note.

‘I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life — full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended,’ he closed his statement.

The political analyst had been absent from the spotlight for nearly a year, taking a break from Fox News’ Special Report.  

 



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk