Attention all IKEA customers! Store launches an in-store SLEEPOVER event – complete with a ‘tailored’ mattress, massages and breakfast in bed
- IKEA is hosting an in-store sleepover event for lucky customers across Australia
- The event includes a ‘tailored’ sleep zone and a menu of relaxing activities
- It has been designed to inspire Australians to consider the importance of sleep
- The competition can be entered in person in six participating stores
IKEA customers across Australia will now be able to spend the night in the store with the retailer offering customers a ‘once in a lifetime’ sleepover experience to several lucky competition winners.
Taking place in various stores across Australia in March, April and May, the sleepover will see participants sleep on tailored mattresses and receive massages and get breakfast in bed all in the confines of the Swedish furniture store.
The competition, which is only on offer in six Australian stores, has been designed to inspire people to consider the importance of sleep and to ‘wake up better’.
IKEA customers across Australia will now be able to spend the night in the store with the retailer offering customers a ‘once in a lifetime’ sleepover experience
IKEA SLEEPOVER EVENTS 2019
IKEA Adelaide — March 30
IKEA Canberra — March 30
IKEA Logan — April 6
IKEA Northlakes — April 6
IKEA Tempe — April 16
IKEA Rhodes — May 2
The experience comes as The Sleep Health Foundation announced that one in three people are regularly struggling with their sleep.
‘These tailored experiences – which are taking place in most stores around the country – are designed to inspire Australians to prioritise a good night of sleep, in order to better take on the day,’ IKEA Australia’s Country Sales Manager Mark Mitchinson said in a statement.
‘At IKEA, our research has shown that Australians are still struggling to get a good night’s sleep, so we’re excited to be able to share inspiring and informed solutions for the bedroom.’
The sleepover event will occur at IKEA Tempe on April 16, Rhodes May 2, Canberra March 30, Logan and Northlakes April 6 and Adelaide March 30 (stock image)
What do the competition winners get?
• A tailored sleep zone. Drawing on knowledge from the IKEA Complete Sleep Studio, an IKEA co-worker will spend time with winners to get a deep understanding of their sleep style. The winners will then enjoy a perfectly curated sleep zone including a comfy mattress, their choice of linen, the perfect pillow and sensory elements all personalised to their unique sleep needs.
• A menu of activities to entertain soothe and relax. Drawing on the IKEA understanding of how we live at home, winners will enjoy a pre-sleep massage, relaxation techniques, movie time, bed time snacks and guidance from a sleep expert.
• Dining designed for sleep. A delicious dinner and the perfect start to the day with an IKEA breakfast served in bed.
• A complete bedroom solution to take home
‘While this experience is only open to a select group of lucky IKEA fans, ultimately, we want to inspire the many Australians to create their own healthy sleep environment in their homes, helping them feel refreshed and recharged to get ready for life,’ he added.
As well as experiencing a personally curated sleep experience in-store, all winners will get to take home their ‘complete bedroom solution’ that their sleep expert has recommended to them.
The sleepover is open to couples of two and families of four and eligible participants will have to visit a participating IKEA store to fill out an application.
To enter the Wake Up with IKEA competition fans must visit their closest participating store on 23 or 24 February 2019 and tell them in 25 words or less why they ‘want a better night sleep with IKEA’.