News, Culture & Society

George Calombaris did not have Swisse contract renewed earlier in the year

George Calombaris faces even MORE financial woes after he is dropped by vitamin company – as the truth behind the MasterChef judge exodus is revealed

  • Disgraced restaurateur George Calombaris hasn’t had Swisse contract renewed
  • Spokeswoman said contract ended earlier in year to focus on ‘new initiatives’ 
  • Calombaris, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan won’t be returning to MasterChef 

George Calombaris is facing more financial woes in the wake of his employee wage scandal as he is dropped by a vitamin company.

Calombaris did not have his Swisse contract renewed in April, ahead of a tumultuous few weeks for the former MasterChef judge, Page 13 reported. 

Network Ten announced earlier in the week that Calombaris, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan won’t be returning next year after 11 seasons on MasterChef, with terms of their contract unable to be agreed upon. 

George Calombaris  (pictured) did not have his Swisse contract renewed in April

The disgraced restaurateur was fined $200,000 last week after being found guilty of underpaying his restaurant staff by almost $8million. 

Swisse are understood to have moved away from Calombaris as an ambassador in a bid to target international markets, with actor Chris Hemsworth.

The vitamin company, which first began working with Calombaris in 2012, confirmed the contract had ended earlier this year. 

‘George was part of the Swisse family for many years but earlier this year we decided to focus on new initiatives,’ a spokeswoman said.

‘The ambassador role ended earlier this year. George thoroughly enjoyed his role for Swisse and remains an active supporter of the brand.’

According to Page 13, the trio of MasterChef judges were on different contracts and pay packages before attempting figure out an ‘all-in’ contract.  

The disgraced restaurateur was fined $200,000 last week after being found guilty of underpaying his restaurant staff by almost $8million

The disgraced restaurateur was fined $200,000 last week after being found guilty of underpaying his restaurant staff by almost $8million

Reports claim they were after a 40 per cent rise on their already million dollar salaries before ‘walking’ from the cooking show.  

In a statement on Wednesday, Network 10 chief content officer Beverley McGarvey thanked the judges for their decade-long service. 

‘We’re looking forward to welcoming a new generation of exceptional judges to a refreshed season 12 of MasterChef Australia,’ she said.

‘We would like to thank Gary, George and Matt for their remarkable contribution over the past 11 years.’ 

Network Ten announced earlier in the week that Calombaris, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan won't be returning next year after 11 seasons on MasterChef, saying terms of their contract couldn't be agreed upon

Network Ten announced earlier in the week that Calombaris, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan won’t be returning next year after 11 seasons on MasterChef, saying terms of their contract couldn’t be agreed upon

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.