Girl, 6, is stabbed in the stomach by two muggers trying to rob her homeless father, 55, in New York City
- Girl, 6, was stabbed in the stomach on Thursday in New York City
- The girl was with her father, 55, on the Lower East Side when two suspects confronted them
- Suspects held the family at knifepoint and robbed the father
- The girl was stabbed when she reportedly got in between the altercation
- She was taken to Bellevue Hospital and is expected to recover
- No arrests have been made yet and the investigation is ongoing
A six-year-old girl was stabbed in the stomach as two suspects robbed her homeless father in New York City.
On Thursday, the little girl and her 55-year-old father were walking on Manhattan’s Lower East Side when two men confronted them at 12.30am.
The two men held the pair at knifepoint and proceeded to rob the father of his personal possessions, New York Daily News reports.
During the altercation, the young girl got in between the group of men and was stabbed in the abdomen by the suspects.
Pictured: Two NYPD officers investigating the scene on the Lower East Side where a six-year-old girl was stabbed on Thursday
Medics rushed the girl to Bellevue Hospital where she underwent surgery for her injury, Fox 5 reports. She is expected to recover.
The suspects stole the father’s credit card and jewelry before fleeing the scene.
The young girl was walking with her 55-year-old father when two men held them at knifepoint
The NYPD has not made any arrests and the investigation is ongoing
The father managed to keep safe a large amount of money and other credit cards throughout the ordeal, officials said.
No arrests have been made. The New York Police Department has not named any suspects in the case yet.
Detectives were reportedly interviewing the father to see if he knew the suspects. The investigation is ongoing.
DailyMail.com has reached out for further comment.