News, Culture & Society

Girl’s arm gets sucked into an escalator after she forgets to let go of the handrail

Shocking moment a five-year-old girl’s arm gets sucked into an escalator after she forgets to let go of the handrail

  • The young girl was riding the escalator in Hanchuan in China’s Hubei Province
  • She had to be rescued by the fire service after her arm became trapped
  • She was freed within 10 minutes but her arm was cut and swollen 

This is the horrifying moment a young girl’s arm is swallowed up by an escalator after she forgets to let go of the handrail.

The video, taken in the city of Hanchuan in China’s central Hubei Province shows the five-year-old riding the escalator up to the next floor with her mother.

The video, taken on Monday, shows the girl with her left hand placed firmly on the rubber handrail.

A girl, five, holds on to the handrail of an escalator as she ascends to the top floor with her mother in Hanchuan in China’s central Hubei Province

But she does not let go as she reaches the floor above and the handrail rolls back underneath the floor panel.

The girl crouches down at the escalator exit and her left arm is suddenly sucked into the mechanism together with the disappearing handrail.

The poor girl is then left lying helplessly on the floor as her arm remains trapped inside the escalator.

Her mother is also nearby but can do nothing to free her trapped forearm.

The girl she does not let go as she reaches the floor above and the handrail rolls back underneath the floor panel

The girl she does not let go as she reaches the floor above and the handrail rolls back underneath the floor panel

The girl's arm is swallowed up by the escalator

Local firemen try to free her

The poor girl is then left lying helplessly on the floor as her arm remains trapped inside the escalator

Members of the local fire service rescued the girl in just 10 minutes by dismantling the plastic housing surrounding the handrail conveyor system.

The child’s hand was cut and swollen, for which she was given stitches at a local hospital, but she fortunately escaped serious injuries despite the ordeal.

She is recovering after the accident, but it is still unclear whether the shopping centre has offered to pay for her medical bills.

Members of the local fire service said they managed to rescue the girl in just 10 minutes

Members of the local fire service said they managed to rescue the girl in just 10 minutes

The child's hand was cut and swollen

She is still recovering after the accident

The child’s hand was cut and swollen, for which she was given stitches at a local hospital, but she fortunately escaped serious injuries despite the ordeal

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.