Shocking moment an irate man jumps on the hood of an SUV that rear-ended his car and refuses to get off as the driver pulls away
- Patricio Rios approached the driver of a SUV that allegedly rear-ended his car in the Chilean capital of Santiago
- After failing to get he motorist to answer any of his questions, Rios says he hit the driver side window and got in front of it so it would not leave
- Rios told his wife to call the cops while he challenged the driver before he strangely decided to lay on top of the moving SUV
- The SUV took off with Rios in tow, stopping a block later before its driver had a physical encounter with the grey-haired man and punched him
- A local business owner thought it was originally a prank
A road rage incident caught on camera saw a man jumping on the hood of a motorist’s car as he drove away.
Patricio Rios became infuriated after a man driving a white SUV in the town of Providencia, in the Chilean capital of Santiago, refused to speak to him after allegedly repeatedly running into his rear bumper on Monday afternoon.
Video of the incident shared on Twitter by Gabriel Leon shows Rios arguing with the driver and then jumping on to the SUV.
Patricio Rios (left) tries to detain the driver of an SUV who allegedly rear-ended his car. Rios shockingly jumped on top of the moving vehicle’s hood before the car stopped a block later
A passerby in a main avenue in the Chilean capital of Santiago recorded a strange traffic dispute involving the driver of an SUV and a man laying on top of its hood trying to detain it
According to Las Últimas Noticias, Rios told local station TVN 24 he was approaching the driver to confront him about him scratching his car.
‘I told him, “What’s wrong with you? Look your car is glued to mine. You are striking my car, you are scratching it,”‘ Rios recalled.
‘He didn’t say anything. Nothing. He did not lower the window. I banged the window.’
As soon as the light turned green, the driver attempted to leave the scene with Rios on the hood.
‘He continued to advance. It gets to a point where I had to jump on top of the hood. He drives off with me and takes me across the street.’
Patricio Rios (left) says the driver of the white SUV (pictured above behind him) refused to answer any questions about why his car was scratched and rear-ended
At the next intersection Rios said the man got out and then punched him.
For some reason, a local business owner originally thought it was just a prank.
It turned out to be much worse.
‘I thought it was a joke or a recording for a humorous television show,’ Arturo Ferrera told Las Últimas Noticias.
‘A while later the grey-haired man passes by walking. He was sweating a lot.’
Police authorities said Monday they were trying to locate the driver as part of their investigation.