Hairstylists to the stars working backstage at Australian Fashion Week have shared their must-have products to create sleek, shiny looks that you can replicate at home.
Hair Director for the St Agni show, Brad Rixon, and stylist Paloma Rose Garcia, who worked with Matteau at Wednesday’s event, used a selection of R+Co products to achieve glossy, slicked back glamour.
The products, which are all available on Rogue Beauty, work to nourish your strands from root to tip before any heat is applied, to ensure no damage is done for the sake of the style.
‘Working with the quintessential Matteau woman, who is eternally effortless, we worked to enhance each model’s natural hair texture rather than alter or change it,’ Paloma told FEMAIL.
‘We created soft natural bends through their hair, with parts that are centered and strong. Hair is gentle tucked behind the ears, sitting behind the shoulders to ensure the finished look is a fresh and achievable daytime aesthetic.’
‘Working with the quintessential Matteau woman, who is eternally effortless, we worked to enhance each model’s natural hair texture rather than alter or change it,’ Paloma (pictured) told FEMAIL
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
1. Working with damp hair, apply a 10 cent piece of R+ Co Waterfall Moisture + Shine Lotion, a super hydrating balm, through mid-length and ends only.
2. Next, apply 1 pump of R+Co Two Way Mirror Smoothing Oil through the ends only to add extra shine.
3. Using a comb add in a clean, central part, then comb through all hair with a wide tooth comb and let hair completely air dry.
4. With a medium hair tong, create bends starting at the midpoint of hair, down to ends.
5. To finish the look use R+Co Outer Space Flexible Hair Spray so there are no fly aways.
Working with damp hair, apply a 10 cent piece of R+ Co Waterfall Moisture + Shine Lotion , a super hydrating balm, through mid-length and ends only
Over at St Agni Brad Rixon, who own Rixon Hair in Queensland, formulated a more raked back wet look for his clients.
‘The key looks we are seeing on the runway and especially for the St Agni show is all about healthy, luxe, and polished natural hair,’ he said.
‘What I have been seeing is the consumers desire to spend less time on their hair yet still achieve a salon quality result at home.
Enhancing natural texture is all about a great haircut and great home haircare. One of my favourite looks from the show is a raked back wet look.
This is a great style to do yourself at home to accentuate your individual face shape and give your style a little more edge.’
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
1. Start with freshly shampooed hair. My personal favourite is the R+Co Atlantis range for ultimate hydration.
2. Work a 20-cent piece of R+Co’s Cool Wind into towel dried. Then allow hair to air dry.
3. Once hair is completely dried, rake through a 20-cent piece of R+Co’s Wall Street Strong Hold Gel into the roots of your hair.
4. Using a wide tooth comb, add in a deep side part and comb hair into desired shape while keeping the hair on the sides as close to the scalp as possible. This outline pairs really well with either a relaxed or night-time look.
‘Another favourite which I feel really aligns with St Angi’s aesthetic is a smooth parted look with effortless texture on the ends,’ he said.
‘This is a relaxed daytime look which can be worn either to the office or out for a long Sunday lunch.’
‘Another favourite which I feel really aligns with St Angi’s aesthetic is a smooth parted look with effortless texture on the ends,’ he said
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
1. On day old hair prep with R+Co Bleu Smooth and Seal blowdry mist into the mid-lengths and ends, then lightly dry into hair. This will give a soft and tamed feel without adding any weight.
2. With your hair parted in the middle and take a 10-cent piece of R+Co Bleu’s Surreal Styling Serum and work into hands.
3. With your palms flat on the part line squeeze product into the roots and stretch down into the mid-lengths. Continue to pat and squeeze down until hair feels smooth. This will give a super luxe sheen close to the scalp without looking overly wet.
4. From here you can personalise this look and either tuck your hair behind your ears or leave it floating out.