REVEALED: Disgraced Harvey Weinstein barks and brays at reporters in never-before-heard recordings as he tries to intimidate to kill the-now infamous sex expose, but admits he is ‘no saint’
- Inside Edition has obtained a recording of the phone call between Harvey Weinstein and New York Times reporters two days before his expose
- The recording came from Frank Gil, the former head of human resources for The Weinstein Group who claims he was ordered he tape the call
- ‘I think you ought to be specific and tell me who they are and if they’re on the record,’ replies Weinstein when asked about the allegations
- He also gets heated multiple times, at one point shouting at reporters Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey: No, excuse me, this is Harvey Weinstein talking!’
- he also lies about recording the conversation per the story given by Gil to Inside Edition, where more of the secret tape will be revealed on Thursday
- Weinstein does eventually admit: ‘I’m not a saint, but I’m not the sinner you think I am’
An irate and indignant Harvey Weinstein is heard bellowing at The New York Times reporters who revealed his years of alleged sexual misconduct in a recording of their phone call obtained by Inside Edition.
During the conversation, which was taped by The Weinstein Company’s former head of human resources, Weinstein is quick to try and get the names of the women who have made accusations about him to the Times.
He is also quick to lie too according to Gil’s version of events, with Weinstein refusing a request by the Times to record the interview while at the same time telling the reporters he is not taping their call.
Gil is currently suing Weinstein for breaching a contract that promised to pay him $450,000 if he revealed who inside the company was leaking information.
Bellowing blowhard: Inside Edition has obtained a recording of the phone call between Harvey Weinstein (above in July 2018) and New York Times reporters two days before his expose
When he is told at the start of the conversation that the there seems to be ‘a pattern over three decades of allegations of sexual harassment of multiple women,’ he immediately requests to know the identities of these women.
‘I think you ought to be specific and tell me who they are and if they’re on the record,’ replies Weinstein.
When he is told that one of the women is Rose McGowan and asked about his settlement with the actress, Weinstein immediately shuts down and defers to his lawyer, Charles Harding.
He states at another point in the conversation: “There are many mistakes you’ve made. I promise we will find them.”
Weinstein also explodes on reporters Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey during one line of questioning, screaming: ‘No, excuse me, this is Harvey Weinstein talking!’
Towards the end of the 59-minute call, a frustrated but fiery Weinstein says to the women: ‘It seems like you have a lot of hearsay on your hands.’
That sentiment is reiterated multiple times during the call.
‘I’m going to say this nicely, get the facts right. You’re journalists,’ declares Harvey a short time later.
He also tells the reporters: ‘There are many mistakes you’ve made. I promise we will find them.’
Weinstein does eventually admit: ‘I’m not a saint, but I’m not the sinner you think I am.’
More clips from this recording will be featured on Thursday night’s episode of Inside Edition. Check local listing for time.