Heartbroken husband reveals the shocking moment he discovered his wife of 10 years was having an affair with another woman
- A dad has discovered his wife of 10 years cheated on him with another woman
- He said he got suspicious when his wife started spending more time with a friend
- Her phone was sync to the family’s home computer so he found text messages
- When he confronted her, the mum-of-two admitted she was having an affair
- He gave her option to get divorce if she truly wants to be with the other woman
- His wife picked him and the kids – but she said she ‘couldn’t live without’ her
A devastated dad has discovered his wife of 10 years cheated on him with another woman after he found her secret email account containing pictures and details about their affair.
The man said he knew there something was amiss when his wife started spending an ‘inappropriate amount of time’ with a female friend she recently met.
He noticed a red flag when she messaged him from a mystery number – but she would later go through his phone to delete all traces of the texts.
A devastated dad has discovered his wife of 10 years cheated on him with another woman after he found her secret email account containing details about the affair (stock image)
Her phone was synced to the family’s home computer so he eventually found text messages confirming her ’emotional affair’ with the other woman.
‘I confronted her and she said that it doesn’t count because she is a woman. I couldn’t sleep that night so I went through her phone,’ the man wrote on Reddit, adding he and his wife have access to each other’s phones.
‘She had Snapchat installed which she hadn’t before, and there was no text history for her “friend”. She had created a new email account containing videos and texts from Snapchat confirming a physical affair that started two months ago.
‘I’m heartbroken to find sexting and confirmation of a physical relationship.’
The dad – who has two kids, aged two and seven – said he found text messages from the other woman ‘encouraging’ his wife to cheat on him and ‘explore’ her sexuality.
When he confronted her, the mum-of-two eventually admitted she was having an affair after she tried to ‘lie repeatedly’.
‘She wants me to allow her to go out once a week and stay together as things were before I found out. I want to stay with her but I can’t share her with somebody who encouraged lying and forming a relationship with a married woman,’ he said.
Signs of a once off cheater
* They will tell you they love you a lot more but not show it
* They will have moments of guilt and buy you unexpected gifts
* They will take you to nice places but the conversation is stifled
* They put uncharacteristic distance down to being ‘stressed at work’
* They daydream a lot
Signs of a serial cheater
* They are harder to detect because they have mastered their craft
* They go out of their way to tell you that their ex was insecure and that they have friends of the opposite sex
* They get defensive when you ask about their night or who they were with
* They will confess their undying love for you and in the same breath suggest you get help as you are ruining the relationship with your insecurities
* They use lines like ‘why are you being so insecure all of a sudden?’
The husband said he also offered to ‘get out of the way for her happiness’ and file for divorce if she truly wants to be with the other woman.
‘She tells me that she can’t live without me. She chose me and the kids and broke up with her, but she continues to plead with me they she can’t live without her specifically… They only met two months ago,’ the man said.
‘I also found out that she told the other woman that in six months she’ll contact her and let her know if she can’t live without her… Another truth I had to dig to get.
‘She wants to have her cake and eat it too… To continue with the stable family life we’ve built and to also be able to escape the family life and be free like she was before kids.’
Many urged the man to leave his wife after her ultimate betrayal.
‘Things are clear. The fact that she said she would wait six months to choose, shows that you are just an option. The question is, are you willing to lose six months for her to tell you that she chooses the other woman, not you?’ one wrote.
Another said: ‘I don’t think it matters who she cheated with – what matters is that there was infidelity. The only person who can decide to stay or go is you.’
While another added: ‘This is over. She doesn’t want to work on her marriage. She wants to have the lifestyle you provide for the kids while creating a new relationship.
‘The sooner you recognise that you need to step away because she’s not serious about reconciliation, then the happier you will be.’