Horrifying moment as police dog attacks an innocent bystander and ignores cop’s commands to let the terrified man go
- Vancouver, Washington Police were making an arrest Sunday when the K9 officer took off and grabbed hold of a man
- Video shows the dog locking onto the man’s arm
- A witness who shot the video said the dog wasn’t following commands
- The victim suffered minor injuries and refused treatment at a hospital
- The dog is removed from active duty while the department investigates
Horrifying footage has captured a police K9 attacking an innocent bystander in Vancouver, Washington.
Police were responding to call Sunday night when the dog, as seen in video taken by a witness, darted across the street and lunged at a man.
Detectives said the dog’s actions were not connected to the arrest, Fox 12 KPTV reported.
It took the officers to loosen the dog’s grip from the man’s arm.
Vancouver (WA) police dog disobeys officer’s commands, attacks innocent bystander Sunday
K9 officer in Vanncouver (WA) lunges at man unrelated to an arrest across the street
A man, attacked by a police dog in Vancouver, Washington. The dog is suspended while they investigate
Nathan Lux told Fox 12 about shooting the video: ‘I could not believe what I was seeing. I honestly could not believe that this was real life.’
He added that the police dog did not appear to be following the cop’s commands. Lux said he heard the officer call out ‘heel,’ repeatedly.
The Vancouver Police Department is conducting an internal investigation, and the K9 officer is not patrolling with his human counterparts until that’s complete.
The man who was attacked by the dog suffered minor injuries and, police said, he didn’t require treatment at a hospital.
Another witness told KGW, ‘They’ll probably have a lawsuit over this or something.’