Hot-smoked salmon, anchovies, artichoke and broccoli pasta
Omega-3 from the oily fish, lots of lovely fibre, as well as nutrient-rich fermented crème fraîche. All you need to soothe you to sleep.
Tip the pasta and broccoli into the frying pan, add the crème fraîche, parsley and chilli, if using. Season with freshly ground black pepper and toss together gently
610 calories per serving
80g wholewheat pasta, such as penne
1 small head broccoli (around 200g), cut into small florets
4 anchovies in olive oil, from a jar or can, drained and chopped
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
1 small sprig fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
150g hot-smoked salmon
75g artichoke hearts, from a jar or can, drained and cut into chunks
3 tbsp full-fat crème fraîche
small bunch fresh parsley, leaves roughly chopped
good pinch crushed dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until just tender. Add the broccoli to the pasta for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, return to the pan and cover loosely with a lid.
- Place the anchovies, olive oil, garlic and rosemary in a large nonstick frying pan and cook over a low heat for 1 minute, stirring until the anchovies soften and almost dissolve into the oil.
- Add the salmon and artichoke hearts and heat through for 2-3 minutes, stirring gently until hot. Try not to let the salmon break up too much.
- Tip the pasta and broccoli into the frying pan, add the crème fraîche, parsley and chilli, if using. Season with freshly ground black pepper and toss together gently.