Mum reveals the one ‘miracle’ cleaning product she uses to transform her daughter’s filthy white sneakers: ‘It works like magic’
- Australian mum Sam cleaned a pair of dirty white sneakers using one product
- She used the $7.50 Eraser Daddy sponge and posted a video on Instagram
- Within seconds the dirt was remove and the shoes looked good as new
- Others online said the product ‘works like magic’
A savvy mum has cleaned her daughter’s filthy white sneakers using an affordable product from Amazon.
Sam, who runs the ‘Addicted to Bargains’ Instagram account, shared a video online demonstrating the process using the $7.50 Eraser Daddy sponge.
‘I love white shoes, but they get dirty super-fast. I gave the Eraser Daddy a go and it is super easy to use and does the job so well,’ the Aussie mum wrote.
Australian mum Sam shared a video on Instagram demonstrating how she cleaned her daughter’s filthy white sneakers. She opted to use the Eraser Daddy (pictured, right), which lifted the dirt stains in seconds
Within seconds the dirt was lifted and the shoes were left looking good as new (right)
The sneakers were covered in brown dirt, particularly at the front of the shoes, but the product made it easy to remove.
‘I’ve added a paper towel underneath the shoe so any dirty residue can fall onto that. It is super easy to do,’ Sam said in the clip.
She first dampened the sponge before cleaning the sneakers and within seconds the dirt was lifted.
The Eraser Daddy features a dual-sided design of ‘tri-composite material’ and ‘backing of FlexTexture’ to remove tough stains easily.
Sam said: ‘It can also be used on household floors and walls, outdoor furniture and in your bathroom sink or shower.’
In the comments many seemed amazed by the swift transformation and how easy the shoes were to clean using the product.
‘Worked a treat!’ one person wrote, another added: ‘My white shoes need this!’
A third added: ‘Wow works like magic.’
It follows after a cleaning enthusiast has impressed hundreds online after opting to use toothpaste to clean her dirty Nike sneakers
It follows after a cleaning enthusiast has impressed hundreds online after opting to use toothpaste to clean her dirty Nike sneakers.
Carolina McCauley, from Perth, Western Australia, posted a video online encouraging others to try the lesser-known trick and demonstrated how it works.
‘My secret for cleaning white shoes,’ she captioned the clip showing the dark marks on her shoes.
In a TikTok video Carolina McCauley, from Perth, used a tiny dollop of toothpaste on an old toothbrush (left) then gently scrubbed the surface (right)
After a few minutes the toothpaste was wiped off using a clean damp cloth. The shoes were left looking brand new (pictured, right)
Carolina used a tiny dollop of toothpaste on an old toothbrush then gently scrubbed the surface.
She wiped the toothbrush in one motion starting at the front then worked her way to the back.
After a few minutes the toothpaste was wiped off using a clean damp cloth.
It’s essential to only use non-gel white toothpaste on white-soled sneakers and test a small area of the shoe beforehand.
As toothpaste can help whiten and brighten teeth, the bathroom staple also worked wonders at cleaning Carolina’s sneakers.
The simple trick would be ideal for those who take care of their sneakers but may still have a few dirt marks.
In the comments other Instagram users tagged their friends to share the hack further across the internet.
‘Lots of good ideas here,’ one person wrote.
‘Awesome. Another cool trick is to use the ‘Pink Stuff’ paste and the Magic Eraser sponge,’ another suggested.
Carolina has a gained a social media following of more than 4.8million people by sharing ‘genius’ cleaning videos.
The best way to clean sneakers
1. Use a dry brush – remove dirt from the outsole, midsole and uppers using a dry, soft-bristled shoe brush. No shoe brush? No problem—an old toothbrush will work just fine
2. Make a mild cleaning solution – mix warm water with a small amount of mild laundry detergent
3. Wash the laces – remove the laces and apply a small amount of the mild cleaning solution. Massage the laces, rinse and then dry with a soft cloth
4. Wash the soles – apply the mild solution to a soft-bristled brush and brush the outsole and midsole. Dry with a soft cloth
5. Wash and blot – use the mild solution and a soft-bristled brush or a soft cloth to clean the uppers. Then use a dry microfibre towel or soft cloth to blot and lift as much soapy moisture and dirt as possible. Repeat if necessary
6. Allow to air-dry at room temperature