NYC is such a big and busy city. And moving could be as stressful just as it could be as exciting. It’s a process, and a long one; from trying to find the best movers in NYC, to signing deals and bookings, to packing and unpacking, and more.
In this article, you will learn some of the tips and tricks to ease this process and make everything simpler;
Moving could be a daunting task. And to make it easier, you have to put down on paper the long list of to-dos. This means mapping out everything you need to do as soon as you decide to move out. Creating a checklist for this is the best way to go.
Have a program or a schedule of how you will conduct the process step by step. This means knowing exactly what you are required to do when; from when to start looking for a moving company and for how long that process should take, to when to start packing, and for how long that too will take.
This is probably one of the heftiest tasks on your to-do list. Looking for movers is not a one-call or one-email task. It is a sequence of calls, texts, and emails, and sometimes some visits to the mover’s offices. Finding the best company is not where the task is, finding one that suits you is.
Some of the factors that determine the company you choose include;
- Your budget. Not all companies charge the same. And besides, whatever money you get charged really depends on a couple of things. You have to make sure you find the company that meets your financial capability.
- The distance you are moving is also one of the factors to consider while choosing your movers. There are different types of movers. And while most of them are licensed to operate on long distances, there are specific distances different types of companies can only work.
- Flexibility is also one of the things you want to consider. You want to make sure that you both (the movers and you) agree on a convenient date. You also want a company that will still be there for you, should the plans change. Make sure to ask about their flexibility.
You also need to keep in mind that landing the most suitable movers is not coincidental or by chance, it is a process. Check out the following insights that will help you land the best movers;
- The first place to look is by asking for recommendations from trusted members of the family or friends. Of course, you have to make sure that they have the experience and can give personal reviews.
- Checking online reviews is also a great way to find the best and avoid the worst. Check the reviews pages on the movers’ sites or other reviews sites to get insights from past clients. This should be able to give you the best direction.
- Social media platforms are also a great place to get reviews. You can check out different Facebook groups and fan pages about movers for insights.
Have Everything Set On Moving Day
If you are looking to move stress-free, make sure that you are ready when the day finally comes. This is not the time to rush to the stores looking for certain boxes. Or the time to realize you don’t have your favorite jewelry box packed.
A last-minute rush could mess you big time. The last thing you want is to leave important items behind or carry things you didn’t intend to, as that just extra work and extra money. It is also no day to start making calls to your friends and asking them to come over. You should have already let them know in advance.