Divorce over the internet has become a popular way for couples to end their marriage. For couples that want to have an amicable divorce in New York, an online divorce is an affordable option. It is a big improvement from the past when getting a divorce was far more complicated than getting married. Now the dissolution of your marriage doesn’t have to be a big issue anymore. Initiating your divorce can be convenient and affordable without the bitterness and stress associated with a traditional divorce. If the only possible way forward is to end your marriage, an online divorce can make this difficult path easier for you.
Online Divorce New York assistance service helps couples to have a quick and fast divorce. In as little as 2 days, we can provide you with all the documents necessary for your divorce, completed according to the regulations of New York family law, and customized to your specific case. We make it remarkably easy to get through your do-it-yourself divorce process without an attorney. So if you are seeking an affordable and easy online divorce in New York, you are at the right place.
Types of divorce
Uncontested divorce: Uncontested divorce is when you and your spouse file for divorce with mutual consent in regards to all relevant orders of the court. In this type, both parties agree to all family matters along with the divorce, such as child custody, property division, spousal support, etc.
Contested divorce: Contested divorce is when you and your spouse cannot agree on getting a divorce or on the terms of the divorce.
To get an online divorce in New York, your divorce has to be uncontested. To handle a contested case, it is recommended that you use legal representation.
How to start the uncontested online divorce process?
There are some states in the US that permit you to file for an online divorce, and New York is among them. Online divorce is 100% legal and lawful in New York. However, the state of New York demands certain requirements for the online filing of a divorce. These requirements are as follows:
The state of New York requires that at least one of the following conditions be met to be eligible to file for a divorce in the state:
- One of the spouses has been residing continuously in the state of New York for at least two years before applying for divorce
- One of the spouses has been residing continuously in the state of New York for at least one year before applying for a divorce and the marriage occurring in New York
- One of the spouses has been residing continuously in the state of New York for at least one year before applying for a divorce and the spouses once resided in New York as a married couple
- One of the spouses has been residing continuously in the state of New York for at least one year before applying for a divorce and the grounds for divorce occurred in New York
Grounds for divorce:
The state of New York recognizes both fault-based and no-fault grounds for divorce. Using a no-fault ground for divorce is an easy way of getting an uncontested divorce when spouses mutually agree to the dissolution of the marriage. In New York, a couple seeking an uncontested online divorce only has to state that their relationship has been “irretrievably broken” for at least six months.
On the other hand, the fault-based ground means one of the spouses did something wrong, and their misconduct led to divorce. Since fault-based grounds must be proven in court, they are not applicable to online divorce.
Filing fees of the divorce process
There are certain court filing fees in New York that are necessary to pay along with the cost of using an online divorce platform. These costs may vary from county to county. You can find out the exact amount of the fees for your county by visiting your local courthouse.
A couple who can’t afford to pay the filing fees may request to have the fee remitted if they qualify. The forms to request that the filing fees be remitted are included in our online divorce package.
Why should you choose an online divorce?
Web divorce isn’t an entirely new phenomenon, but in recent years, it has become increasingly popular all across the globe. It is an ideal way for couples to get a faster, easier, and more affordable divorce. A reputable online divorce platform provides you with all the necessary divorce forms, completed according to the circumstances of your case, along with guidelines on how to file for your divorce. They efficiently eliminate all the elements of delay in your divorce process to make getting a divorce fast and easy. Therefore, you will have your divorce finalized with a negligible waiting period and you will be able to move on to your new life after divorce with less stress.
Online divorce makes dealing with the divorce paperwork easy for you. You no longer need to go through the hectic phase of completing all the documentation. You will get all the necessary documents and divorce papers with clear instructions on how to file them. The ready-to-file documents you receive will cover all matters such as child custody, property division, alimony, and everything that is required to see your divorce process through to the end.
Divorce over the internet has made the divorce process really inexpensive and affordable for couples looking to save money. You no longer need to pay heavy fees to attorneys that have traditionally made the divorce process really expensive. Trusting your divorce document preparation to an online divorce service, like Online Divorce New York assistance service, instead of an attorney, can save you thousands of dollars. Along with saving some serious money for your future life, you will have the convenience of getting your documents prepared without leaving the comfort of your home. So online divorce is budget-friendly, fast, and more favorable than a traditional divorce. If you want to have a do-it-yourself divorce, free from attorneys, we are here to assist you.
Why should you choose us to get a divorce online in New York?
Now you can apply for a divorce online in New York. We have a complete team of qualified professionals who understand every aspect of the divorce process. We have all the necessary expertise to make your uncontested divorce process smooth, orderly, and free of mistakes or delays. Here are a few more reasons that you should choose us for your online divorce:
- We make the divorce process easy and straightforward for you. You will just need to go through four simple steps. Qualify for divorce, provide your case details, get your papers, and file for divorce.
- All the documents we provide are the same court-approved forms that are used in the New York State Unified Court System
- You will be able to download your completed New York divorce papers in as little as two days. All the completed papers are based on the information that you provide through our simple questionnaire. We also make sure to keep all your data confidential.
- We provide New York-specific court filing instructions that will assist you in filing your completed documents at the local court without any problems or delays.
- If you don’t want to file on your own, we provide an additional court filing service and deal with the court on your behalf.
- Our online divorce service eliminates the need for an attorney, saving you lots of money.
- Our convenient and inexpensive divorce process enables you to get your divorce documents prepared without leaving the comfort of your home.
- Our experienced and professional team eliminates the need to fumble through a plethora of forms and instructions by taking on all the divorce document preparation for you.
- Because of our 100% court approval guarantee, you won’t have to stress about if your forms will be accepted by the court.