1. Involve the whole family through points pooling and supplementary cards.
2. Switch to a rewards credit card with a 75,000 bonus points offer? The NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card and the St. George Amplify Signature Visa card each offer 90,000 bonus Qantas Points for new cardholders. The Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card offers up to 80,000 bonus Velocity Points on sign up.
3. Look for higher-earning credit cards. AMEX tends to offer the highest point-earning cards. Every $1 spent on the AMEX Explorer Credit Card can transfer you up to 1.5 Velocity Points or KrisFlyer Miles.
4. Consider an everyday transaction account that earns points. Choose a transaction account to have your pay deposited into, and for everyday debit transactions.
5. Join a shopping rewards program. A rewards program such as flybuys will earn you further points for your everyday shopping. Swipe your flybuys card at retailers such as Coles, Target, eBay, Kmart and Liquorland.
6. Consider switching to an airline rewards super fund or insurance policy. The Virgin Money Super fund earns members 1 Velocity Point for every $5 in super contributions, capped at 250,000 points.
7. Earn points just for getting home delivery. Love takeaway? Use Deliveroo for the first time, and you’ll earn 1000 Qantas Points.
8. Earn points on your household energy usage. Switch your household energy plan to Energy Australia through the Velocity program and earn up to 10,000 points, then 2000 anniversary points each year.
9. Do your shopping through partner retailers. Qantas has partnerships with retailers such as Woolworths, BWS, BIG W and selected Caltex Woolworths service stations to earn you points on spend there.
10. Click through Qantas Mall and Velocity eStore to your favourite online shopping sites. Qantas Mall and Velocity eStore offer high point earnings on every dollar spent on numerous popular sites such as eBay, David Jones, Woolworths, Country Road, Priceline Pharmacy, Menulog and Cotton On.
Source: Point Hacks