How to turn a $4 Woolworths mud cake into delicious caramel batter balls for Christmas Day
- A health coach shares her Christmas cake ball recipe that uses three ingredients
- The treats are 71 calories and she uses caramel mud cake, M&M’s and icing sugar
- The Christmas pudding aspired balls are perfect for all festive parties and events
- The balls are bake free and the ingredients all together cost under $18
Health coach Bec Hardgrave has shared how to create quick and easy Christmas cake batter balls that require only three ingredients.
The Brisbane resident uses a caramel mud cake, red M&M’s and a dusting of icing sugar to create the 71 calorie festive treats.
To begin Bec first removes the paper lining from a Woolworths’ caramel mud cake and places the cake into a large bowl.
Health coach, Bec Hardgrave , has shared how to create quick and easy Christmas cake batter balls that are only 71 calories and require only three ingredients
Next she crumbles the caramel mud cake and breaks it down with her bare hands to form a seamless mixture.
She continues forming the cake batter into round golf ball sized shapes and places them onto a tray ready to decorate.
The fitness coach shared that she created 28 cake balls from her mud cake mixture.
She forms the cake batter with her hands into round golf ball sized shapes and places them onto a tray ready to decorate
Recipe: How to make Christmas caramel cake balls
Sugar free icing sugar
Woolworths caramel mud cake
- Remove the paper lining from a Woolworths caramel mud cake and place the cake into a large bowl.
- Crumble the caramel mud cake and begin breaking it down with your hands to form a seamless mixture.
- Form the batter into round gold ball sized shapes and place them onto a tray.
- Press a red M&M into the top centre of each cake ball.
- Dust the cake balls with sugar free icing sugar to finish.
Bec then presses a red M&M into the top centre of each cake batter ball to represent a Holly Berry.
To finish she dusts the caramel cake batter balls with sugar free icing sugar to add an extra festive touch.
Bec’s Christmas pudding inspired cake balls are the perfect treat to bring along to a festive party, Christmas day lunch or dinner.
Bec’s Christmas pudding aspired cake balls are the perfect treat to bring along to a festive party, Christmas day lunch or dinner and the ingredients cost under $18 all together
The balls are completely bake free and the ingredients cost under $18 all together.
‘A Woolies caramel Mud-cake has less calories than a fibre one bar and you can buy a whole cake for $4.50,’ Bec said.
‘Wow this recipe is a game changer, the kids will love this on Christmas day,’ a woman commented on Instagram.