Hunter Valley bus crash: Heartbroken father of one of the victims vows to launch class action against bus firm over the tragedy which killed 10

Hunter Valley bus crash: Heartbroken father of one of the victims vows to launch class action against bus firm over the tragedy which killed 10

The father of a man who died in the Hunter Valley wedding bus crash will launch a class action lawsuit against the operators of the bus involved in the fatal crash which killed 10 people and injured 25 others.

Adam Bray, the father of 29-year-old Zach, said he will pursue legal action against Linq Buslines.

The company owned the 57-seat Volvo bus which was travelling to Singleton and carrying passengers returning from the wedding of Mitchell Gaffney and Maddy Edsell.

Appearing on Sunrise on Friday, Mr Bray said he hopes the legal fight will protect future families.

“It is bittersweet for us, I can’t bring my son back, but I can prevent other people in the future from sitting here with you guys and having these conversations,” he said.

When approached, Linq Buslines declined to comment.

Zach Bray was one of 10 people who lost their lives after a bus rolled onto its side while navigating a roundabout in Greta in NSW’s wine country

Adam Bray (pictured) is the father of bus crash victim Zach Bray, 29

Adam Bray (pictured) is the father of bus crash victim Zach Bray, 29

Mr Bray is also advocating for a national task force to overhaul bus safety standards, including the introduction of mandatory seatbelts.

In the two months after losing his son, he’s established a group named STOP Bus Tragedies which currently has a petition lobbying for an urgent review of seatbelt requirements for all vehicles travelling on Australian roads.

The petition currently has 2467 signatures and is open until August 31.

“The day after burying my son, I had been to six funerals at that point, you read in the media that simple technology would have prevented this from happening,” he said.

“All that does is build anger, you’ve got grief and trauma because you’ve lost your son … and in other family’s cases, their daughters and wives.”

Mr Bray's son was one of the 10 passengers who were killed after bus driver Brett Andrew Button, 58 allegedly lost control while navigating the Hunter Expressway roundabout in June

Mr Bray’s son was one of the 10 passengers who were killed after bus driver Brett Andrew Button, 58 allegedly lost control while navigating the Hunter Expressway roundabout in June 

Mr Bray’s son was one of the 10 passengers who were killed after bus driver Brett Andrew Button, 58 allegedly lost control while navigating the Hunter Expressway roundabout in June.

Darcy Bulman, Tori Cowburn, Angus Craig, Nadene and Kyah McBride, Rebecca Mullen, Andrew and Lynan Scott, and Kane Symons also died in the crash.

Mr Button was charged with a total of 63 charges, including 43 new charges laid in August. They included accusations of causing grievous bodily harm to nine people by driving dangerously while behind the wheel, and 10 charges each of dangerous driving and negligent driving occasioning death.

He will return at court on October 4, the day of his 59th birthday.

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk