We regularly hear stories about men cheating on their partners but we don’t often hear about women who are unfaithful.
According to Nadia Bokody, the Sydney-based editor of She Said, research shows more women are cheating than ever before, with numbers having risen by 40 per cent.
And Ms Bokody was one of them.
‘It would be easy to blame my ex-husband. To say he was neglectful, verbally abusive and unromantic, but he was the opposite of all of these things. The truth is, I cheated simply because I could,’ she wrote.
Now Ms Bokody has revealed a number of reasons why other women have chosen to cheat.
According to Nadia Bokody from She Said , research shows more women are cheating than ever before, and she was one of them
Key signs of the Once Off Cheater
* They will tell you they love you a lot more but not show it
* They will have moments of guilt and buy you unexpected gifts
* They will take you to nice places but the conversation is stifled
* They put uncharacteristic distance down to being ‘stressed at work’
‘I NEEDED MULTIPLE SEXUAL PARTNERS’
One woman openly admitted that she was once a chronic cheater.
‘I was acting on my needs for multiple sexual partners, but I didn’t have a model of how to do it ethically until I was in my 30s,’ she said.
‘Once I discovered the polyamory model and began to live it, all of my cheating stopped.’
Reddit user searedscallops openly admitted that she was once a chronic cheater (stock image)
‘I WANTED TO EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS’
Another woman said she cheated because she was in a serious relationship when she was ‘too young’.
This meant she couldn’t explore herself sexually or try out the different relationship dynamics that were missing from their relationship.
She wrote that she knew she took the easy way out but she was unprepared to end her relationship because of how close they were to each others families.
User searedscallops openly admitted that she was once a chronic cheater (stock image)
Key signs of the Serial Cheater
* They are harder to detect because they have mastered their craft
* They go out of their way to tell you that their ex was insecure and that they have friends of the opposite sex
* They get defensive when you ask about their night or who they were with
* They will confess their undying love for you and in the same breath suggest you get help as you are ruining the relationship with your insecurities
* They use lines like ‘why are you being so insecure all of a sudden?’
‘HE NEVER WANTED TO GO OUT’
‘He ignored me to play video games all day, but then he would get offended if I wanted to go out,’ another woman said.
Although he was welcome to go wherever she went, the woman said he would choose not to go and whine about it instead.
Eventually her boyfriend became jealous when she started earning more money than him and she met the man she cheated with him on at her new job, who later became her boyfriend.
They were friends before things escalated and although she felt guilty at first, she didn’t feel guilty enough to stop.
‘He ignored me to play video games all day, but then he would get offended if I wanted to go out,’ user SaphiraWings said
One woman said her cheating was often a result of her being impulsive, and not caring about the other person.
‘It was a long relationship but I realised, the fact that I put myself in the situation where I was able to cheat, already proved that it wasn’t something I really wanted and he wasn’t someone I really “loved”,’ she admitted.
‘So I did it, and also because I’m pretty impulsive and don’t think things through. I want what I want.’