- Kylie Craven said that she had no idea her child Lydia would suffer so terribly
- She bought the apparently ‘harmless, non-toxic’ makeup from a local store
- Lydia was rushed to hospital after she developed a rash, blisters and swelling
- But she is now on the road to recovery after the itching and burning subsided
An Illinois mother has posted images on social media of the devastating images suffered by her three-year-old daughter after she bought her cheap makeup.
Kylie Craven said that she had no idea her child Lydia would suffer so terribly after she bought the apparently ‘harmless, non-toxic’ makeup from a local store in their hometown of Georgetown.
Within a day of applying the makeup from a set that included lipstick, blush and lip gloss, little Lydia’s rash, blisters and swelling became so severe she had to be admitted to the local paediatrics unit.
Lydia Craven developed a rash, blisters and swelling because of an allergic reaction to the makeup
Lydia’s eyes became swollen and blistered shut and she was unable to eat for days
It is believed that Lydia suffered an allergic reaction to one of six different chemicals in the makeup set
Lydia is now well on the road to recovery after the swelling subsided
‘In 24 hours our little girl went from 100 per cent healthy to her eyes swollen and blistered shut – with a rash all over her body,’ Cravens wrote on Facebook.
‘She was unable to eat much for days because of the blistering and cracking of her lips.
‘There are six different chemicals in this makeup that are commonly known to cause an allergic reaction.. Lydia unfortunately was one of those people.’
Lydia is now doing much better, almost making a full recovery.
‘She is doing great we have had big improvements in the last 24 hrs,’ the family posted.
‘Still has some itching but the burning is gone. Hives are still on her face and neck but those to are starting to fade. SHE IS SMILING AGAIN.’
The little girl’s parents decided to share their story on Facebook in an effort to remind other parents ‘to be very careful about what we allow our children to have’.
In less than ten days the post has been shared over 176,800 times.