Dismembered teenager’s heart-breaking last call to tell mother he’d be late home – as it emerges his killer is also on three-man hit-list in ‘never-ending bloody Irish gang wars’
- Gardai were told of three-man hit list as part of vicious gang war in Drogheda
- Assassination list included chief suspect in murder of dismembered teenager
- Keane Mulready-Woods, 17, was abducted from Drogheda, Co Louth and killed
- Gunman who tried to shoot dead a crime boss is also said to be gangland target
A brutal gang war that has seen one crime boss paralysed and a 17-year-old dismembered will not end until three more underworld figures are also killed, it was claimed.
Police were reportedly told five months ago about a hit list that included the chief suspect in the killing of 17-year-old Keane Mulready-Woods in Drogheda, Co Louth, last week.
His heart-breaking last conversation with his mother was said to be by phone just after 6pm on Sunday, January 12, the Sunday Independent reports.
In August last year senior police officers in Ireland learned that three people were being targeted during the long-running gang feud.
Gardai visited crime boss Owen Maguire, who was left paralysed after he was shot multiple times outside his home in Drogheda, Co Louth, in July 2018, in a bid to stop the violence from escalating, according to the Irish Sun.
Keane Mulready-Woods, 17, who was murdered and dismembered and his severed head left in the boot of a burning car in north Dublin in a suspected gangland execution
Gardai pictured searching an area known locally as ‘The Banks’ near a house on Rathmullen Park, Drogheda, on Thursday
Shortly after the ‘informal’ meeting officers also received intelligence that identified three assassination targets, including the man who would go on to kill 17-year-old Keane Mulready-Woods.
The gunman who tried to kill Maguire by shooting him six times and another associate of Maguire who was linked to murder attempts were also on the list.
Mulready-Woods was abducted from Drogheda, Co Louth last Sunday before he was tortured in a house in Rathmullen Park in the town.
His severed head and limbs were found in two locations in Dublin last week.
The 17-year-old was involved in organised crime and detectives are investigating whether his killing was carried out in revenge for another recent murder or attack.
Not long after the meeting between police and Maguire, one of Maguire’s associates shot dead Keith Brannigan in Clogherhead, Co Louth.
Just three months later, his associates also murdered Richard Carberry.
Mulready-Woods was dismembered and decapitated before his remains were dumped in two locations in Dublin, some 35 miles away from the crime scene in Drogheda, Co Louth
Keane Mulready-Woods is thought to have been caught up in a brutal gang war in the town of Drogheda
The chief suspect in the murder of Mulready-Woods is said to have vowed revenge after Carberry’s killing.
It has been reported that the gang feud will not stop until these three targeted are killed.
Yesterday it emerged the chief suspect believed to be responsible for dismembering Mulready-Woods ‘threatened to murder another man’.
The suspect, who is well known to Gardai, posted footage of threats against a man who has since fled the country.
As well as Mulready-Woods’ murder, two men were shot in Dublin this week, as well as a student, Cameron Blair, who was stabbed to death during a house party in Cork on Thursday night.
Two men were also shot and wounded outside a pub in the early hours of yesterday morning.