Ivory Coast 2-2 Sierra Leone: Bizarre late equaliser ends Elephants’ winning start at AFCON after Nicolas Pepe and Sebastien Haller had twice given favourites the lead
- AC Milan’s Franck Kessie missed a penalty after Wilfried Zaha fouled in the box
- Zaha set up former West Ham striker Sebastian Haller to open the scoring
- Free agent Musa Kamara scored Sierra Leone’s opening goal of the tournament
- Arsenal’s Nicolas Pepe provided a quality finish to give Ivory Coast the win
- Bizarre goalkeeping error in injury-time allowed Alhaji Kamara to snatch a draw
Ivory Coast were dealt a huge AFCON blow after a bizarre injury-time equaliser saw them draw to Sierra Leone on Sunday afternoon.
The Elephants were in cruise control following Sebastian Haller’s opening goal, and Arsenal’s Nicolas Pepe’s curling finish from the edge of the area.
However they were pegged back by unsigned striker Musa Kamara’s goal, before a bizarre goalkeeping error gifted the ball to Alhaji Kamara, who rolled it home to equalise in injury-time.
More to follow
Sebastian Haller opened the scoring for Ivory Coast as they were held to a 2-2 draw on Sunday
Musa Kamara (left), who is without a professional club, scored Sierra Leone’s first goal