Jake Paul confirms fight with Hasim Rahman Jr at Madison Square Garden after cancelling planned grudge bout with Tommy Fury after his opponent was denied entry into the US
Jake Paul has vowed to show the world that he is a ‘bad mother f*****’ after confirming he will fight Hasim Rahman Jr following the cancellation of his planned grudge bout with Tommy Fury.
In a Tweet announcing the August 6 contest with Rahman Jr, the son of former world heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman and a former sparring partner of Paul’s, the YouTuber conceded his opponent was ‘bigger, stronger, more experienced and had greater knockout power’.
‘But it doesn’t matter,’ Paul wrote. ‘They don’t have my heart, don’t have my drive & definitely don’t have my team.’
Jake Paul has confirmed he will fight Hasim Rahman Jr in Madison Square Garden on August 6
YouTuber Paul revealed his next opponent with a post on his Twitter feed on Thursday
Fury – the brother of Tyson – was barred from travelling to the US due to his family’s close ties with wanted man Daniel Kinahan, with Paul accusing him of ‘going into hiding’ after failing to resolve the issue.
Paul had earlier said he was ‘moving on’ from Fury, but told him their fight is not dead in the water and he is willing to travel to England if Fury fights for less money.
Fury had responded to the fight’s cancellation on Twitter, saying he was ‘confident this fight will happen when this issue gets resolved and we come to a solution’.
‘I’m gutted and disappointed in regards to the issues I have faced with entry into the USA,’ Fury said.
‘This is something that myself or my team could have never anticipated happening. This situation has been left with my lawyers as being denied entry to a country is obviously a very serious issue and it needs to be subsequently resolved.
‘I am confident this fight will happen when this issue gets resolved and we come to a solution. I want to clarify that I will fight in a neutral country that both parties can enter. This can be any time, any place, any where.’
Paul retweeted his post, adding: ‘I’m confident you are a scared little boy who doesn’t want to fight or understand business. I will pay you $500K to fight me in the UK. I will do it shortly after August 6. You accept?’
This repost irked Fury though who soon clapped back on social media by tweeting: ‘I wouldn’t get out of bed to fight you for $500k. Let me know when you’re ready to have a serious conversation.’
Previously Paul claimed Fury’s failure to address being barred from the United States was a tactic to lure him to the UK – which he said he would only visit for £12.5m.
More to follow.