Jorginho, Reece James and Timo Werner are all doubts for Chelsea’s trip to Watford but Thomas Tuchel receives a boost after Romelu Lukaku came through his late cameo in Man United draw without any problems
- Chelsea head to Vicarage Road to face Watford on Wednesday evening
- Thomas Tuchel will have to make late fitness calls on three important players
- Jorginho, Reece James and Timo Werner are all doubts for the fixture
- Chelsea are already without Ben Chilwell, N’Golo Kante and Mateo Kovacic
- But Romelu Lukaku is ready for more action after comeback from ankle injury
Chelsea will make late fitness calls on Jorginho, Reece James and Timo Werner ahead of their trip to Watford.
Thomas Tuchel has confirmed the trio are doubts for the Vicarage Road clash following training on Tuesday and decisions on their availability will be made after further checks.
Head coach Tuchel said: ‘We have some players in doubt. Maybe some need a bit more time and examination to re-evaluate.
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel could be without three key players for the trip to Watford
Jorginho, who scored against Man United on Sunday, is one of those who will be assessed
Romelu Lukaku came through his late cameo against United after returning from injury
‘Reece James, Timo Werner and Jorginho. They all trained today with us and there will be some last minute decisions about the three.’
The league leaders will already be without long-term injury absentees Ben Chilwell (knee), N’Golo Kante (knee) and Mateo Kovacic (thigh).
Tuchel also confirmed that Romelu Lukaku had experienced no negative reaction following his return from an ankle injury late on in Sunday’s 1-1 draw against Manchester United.
‘He had no reaction from his injured ankle. He is ready to progress in minutes for sure,’ Tuchel said.