Woman, 21, dropped off at ER by Redskins player Montae Nicholson, 24, died of fentanyl overdose and her death is ruled ‘accidental’, autopsy reveals as detectives try to determine source of drug that killed her
- Julia Crabbe, 21, died of an accidental fentanyl overdose her autopsy confirms
- She was last seen with Washington Redskins safety Montae Nicholson who, along with another men, dropped her off at the emergency room in November
- She was unresponsive and pronounced dead shortly after arriving
- Cops said the manner of death was accidental and detectives are trying to determine the source of the drug that killed her
- She had been with Nicholson in his home where cops discovered pills, marijuana, and residue in foil
The 21-year-old woman who passed away after NFL star Montae Nicholson dropped her off at the emergency room died of an accidental fentanyl overdose, it has been revealed.
On November 14 around 1.30am Julia Crabbe, of Reston, Virginia, was driven to Inova Emergency Room-Ashburn Health Plex by Washington Redskins safety Nicholson, 24, and a friend.
She was ‘unconscious and unresponsive’ and pronounced dead shortly after arriving.
The cause of her death has finally been revealed as a fentanyl overdose, according to the Medical Examiner autopsy report released Monday.
‘The manner of death is accident and the cause of death is fentanyl intoxication,’ the Medical Examiner said.
Julia Crabbe, 21, died of an accidental fentanyl overdose her autopsy confirms. She was last seen with Washington Redskins safety Montae Nicholson (right) who, along with another men, dropped her off at the emergency room in November 14
‘The manner of death is accident and the cause of death is fentanyl intoxication,’ the Medical Examiner said Monday. She had been hanging out with Nicholson and others before her sudden death
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that the investigation into Crabbe’s death remains ongoing and detectives are trying to determine the source of the drug that killed her, according to the Washington Post.
Nicholson pictured above in a mugshot from last year when he was arrested and charged with assault and battery and being drunk in public in connection to an altercation
Before Crabbe’s sudden death she was at Nicholson’s home in Ashburn.
Investigators later found pills, marijuana, residue in foil, an iPhone and a notebook of other items when they searched his home following Crabbe’s death.
Nicholson has not been formally charged in her death.
His attorney Mark Dycio said Crabbe, Nicholson, and some friends had gone out for dinner earlier that evening before returning to Nicholson’s home.
Nicholson told Crabbe’s brother that some people were playing video games in the lower level of his home when Crabbe went upstairs to use the bathroom, Crabbe’s family said.
People in the home then heard a thump and rushed upstairs, where they found Crabbe on the floor of the bathroom. They had to force the door of the bathroom open to get her.
Montae Nicholson #35 of the Washington Redskins pictured reacting after a missed field goal by the Dallas Cowboys in 2018
A search warrant filed in Loudoun County Circuit Court said Nicholson’s friend, Kyle Askew-Collins, called an unnamed person during the early-morning hours of Nov. 15 to say Crabbe was foaming at the mouth and was believed to be overdosing.
That unnamed person was on their way to Nicholson’s home to help Crabbe when a friend called to say they were taking Crabbe to a hospital.
The local sheriff’s office told reporters that no 911 was placed.
He denied any connection between Nicholson and the drugs.
‘Montae would have no knowledge of the drugs because they belonged to a guest,’ Dycio said. ‘It’s a tragic story. It’s a tragedy that the news is focused on where she died instead of the drug epidemic ravaging the country.’