News, Culture & Society

Katie Price sparks confusion as she appears to wear her stolen £50k engagement ring

Katie Price sparked mystery on Thursday as she shared a video seemingly showing her wearing her stolen £50,000 engagement ring from Carl Woods, 32. 

Last month, the glamour model, 43, was allegedly assaulted in an ‘unprovoked 1.30am attack’ which left her battered and bruised at an Essex home, after which it was reported that her custom-made, seven-carat ring was taken.

Her latest video, taken during her trip to Turkey where she is having hair extensions fitted, caused confusion as she was seen wearing what appeared to be an identical piece of jewellery, although she may have had a replica made.

Huh? Katie Price sparked mystery on Thursday as she shared a video seemingly showing her wearing her stolen £50,000 engagement ring from Carl Woods, 32

Katie was seen filming her lunch in the new video shared with her 2.6m followers, which appeared to be intended to show her food, however she frequently and seemingly deliberately had the eye-popping item of jewellery in shot. 

Following the video she also shared a striking snap to plug her beauty classes. She is yet to unveil new extensions which were fitted by her hairdresser Alper Damdelen. 

The social media activity comes in the wake of her former Love Island star fiancé’s repeated denials that he was the perpetrator of the attack, as he has posted several defiant pleas on Instagram while Katie has also denied they have split. 

After the drama, a source told told The Sun: ‘Katie no longer has her ring. It cost thousands but went during the incident.’    

Wow! Katie proudly flashed her eighth diamond engagement ring on GMB in May

Wow! Katie proudly flashed her eighth diamond engagement ring on GMB in May

Bold: Katie was seen filming her lunch in the new video shared with her 2.6m followers, which appeared to be intended to show her food, however she frequently and seemingly deliberately had the eye-popping item of jewellery in shot

Bold: Katie was seen filming her lunch in the new video shared with her 2.6m followers, which appeared to be intended to show her food, however she frequently and seemingly deliberately had the eye-popping item of jewellery in shot

Bold: The social media activity comes in the wake of her former Love Island star fiancé's repeated denials that he was the perpetrator of the attack

Bold: The social media activity comes in the wake of her former Love Island star fiancé’s repeated denials that he was the perpetrator of the attack

Last month, a man, 32, was released on bail after he was arrested for assault and coercive control. Katie was taken to hospital after the alleged assault at a home where she was staying while her home is reportedly being renovated. 

Katie said she was attacked as she watched TV – forcing her to flee in terror to her son Harvey’s nearby home. Pictures show the mother-of-five with bruises on her face and cuts on her lips. 

She said: ‘I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital. I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated. I ran away after being punched — I ran to Harvey’s house nearby and have now done damage to my feet, which I previously injured.’  

She said the alleged assault was ‘unprovoked’, adding: ‘I was just sitting there watching telly when the assault happened.’ 

New snap: Following the video she also shared a striking snap to plug her beauty classes

New snap: Following the video she also shared a striking snap to plug her beauty classes

Shock: Last month, the glamour model, 43, was allegedly assaulted in an 'unprovoked 1.30am attack' which left her battered and bruised at an Essex home, after which it was reported that her custom-made, seven-carat ring was taken

Shock: Last month, the glamour model, 43, was allegedly assaulted in an ‘unprovoked 1.30am attack’ which left her battered and bruised at an Essex home, after which it was reported that her custom-made, seven-carat ring was taken 

A source said at the time of the incident: ‘Katie is so upset and far too emotional to go back to the home she was attacked in. She’s sent friends to pick up some stuff she needs from the Essex house so she’s comfortable.’

An Essex Police spokesman said at the time: ‘A 32-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour has been released on bail until September 20.’ 

It was reported on Thursday that Katie  fled to Turkey with fiancé Carl to ‘clear her head and get new hair extensions’ after she the attack. 

Katie has travelled abroad for a short break after furiously denying that she called the police on her husband-to-be amid whispers about the identity of the man who was arrested at her home following the assault.

Hitting back: The TV personality has travelled abroad to have her hair done

Hitting back: The TV personality has travelled abroad to have her hair done

Announcement: Carl released a statement earlier this month

Announcement: Carl released a statement earlier this month 

A source told The Sun: ‘Katie left for Turkey this morning – she needs a few days to clear her head after everything that’s been going on’. 

Katie  is ‘visiting her trusted hairdresser Alper Damdelen’ and revealed on Thursday that she was still having her extensions put in at 2.30am.

The source added that Katie will return to the UK to fulfil her work commitments adding: ‘She’s going back to where she stayed after the surgery…

‘She needs to relax and enjoy the sun for a few days. She’ll be back for her make-up classes at the weekend, but needed to get away for a few days.’ 

Hitting back: Former Love Island contestant Carl has taken to his Instagram Stories to reveal the toll the situation has taken on his mental health

Hitting back: Former Love Island contestant Carl has taken to his Instagram Stories to reveal the toll the situation has taken on his mental health

A day later The Sun added: ‘Katie was desperate to get her extensions redone and there’s only one man she trusts with her hair.’   

On Wednesday Katie insisted she never called the police on Carl. 

Amid whispers about who was the perpetrator and Carl’s denial over involvement, Katie took to Instagram to write: ‘FACT, I’ve ALWAYS said DON’T believe everything you read in the media and what Carl is saying is true.

‘FACT I’ve NEVER called the police on Carl my police investigation I’m currently going through to a incident a few weeks ago is not to do with Carl.’

Hitting back: She penned: 'FACT I've NEVER called the police on Carl my police investigation I'm currently going through to a incident a few weeks ago is not to do with Carl'

Hitting back: She penned: ‘FACT I’ve NEVER called the police on Carl my police investigation I’m currently going through to a incident a few weeks ago is not to do with Carl’

In her comment under Carl’s video, Katie went on: ‘This man’s mental health is so low and easy to say suicidal. Someone played what they thought was a clever game and involved media with inaccurate information’.

Former Love Island contestant Carl had previously posted a statement on Instagram refuting all allegations that he was the perpetrator, and now he has taken to his Instagram Stories to reveal the toll the situation has taken on his mental health.

He said: ‘I’ve not been on Instagram for a long, long time. Let me tell you this past month has been one of the roughest of my life.’

The reality star went on to reveal how the backlash and accusations were so severe, he was forced to take drastic action and go into hiding.

The television personality is mum to Harvey, 18, Junior, 15, Princess, 13, Jett, seven, and Bunny, six, from three previous relationships (pictured together with Carl last Christmas)

The television personality is mum to Harvey, 18, Junior, 15, Princess, 13, Jett, seven, and Bunny, six, from three previous relationships (pictured together with Carl last Christmas) 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk