News, Culture & Society

Kevin Spacey scores early victory in sex assault case as teen did NOT film evidence of groping

The young man who claims he was sexually assaulted bu Kevin Spacey back in 2016 at a Nantucket bar did not film evidence of the actor groping him or touching him in an inappropriate manner according to court testimony. 

In a court hearing on December 20, the actor’s lawyer tore apart one of the claims made in the police report filed by State Trooper Gerald Donovan. 

The claims in that report were all based on interviews with the alleged victim and eyewitnesses at the bar that night. 

In that report, Donovan writes: ‘[Redacted] said his girlfriend did not believe him so that’s when he snapchatted the video.’

That claim, which was submitted with the criminal complaint and filed in Nantucket District Court, led to multiple outlets reporting that there was evidence of the alleged assault, but as Donovan himself testified last week that is not the case.  

‘What the video shows is a person’s hand make contact with the shirt, correct?’ Spacey’s lawyer Alan Jackson is heard asking in audio obtained by the Boston Globe.

‘Yes,’ responded Donovan.

‘Okay. Not the — any body part,’ asked Jackson.

‘Correct, you don’t see any body parts,’ confirmed Donovan.

That summer: A court hearing on December 20 debunked the claim that the victim in the Kevin Spacey sex assault case filmed the actor while he groped him at a Nantucket bar (Spacey above in Nantucket with a fan not involved in the case in 2016)

Location: In that report, Trooper Gerald Donovan writes: '[Redacted] said his girlfriend did not believe him so that's when he snapchatted the video'  (exterior of The Club Car in Nantucket, where the alleged assault took place)

Location: In that report, Trooper Gerald Donovan writes: ‘[Redacted] said his girlfriend did not believe him so that’s when he snapchatted the video’  (exterior of The Club Car in Nantucket, where the alleged assault took place)

Jackson also questioned why the victim allowed himself to be assaulted by the actor for three minutes, stating: ‘That’s an incredibly long time to have a strange man’s hands in your pants.’

He also used the hearing to address the fact that the alleged victim lied about his age, claiming he was 23, and was drinking heavily when the alleged assault took place at the The Club Car. 

‘He may have been so drunk that he was black out drunk, but he didn’t black out at the Club Car, he may have blacked out once he got home,’ said Jackson while Donovan was on the stand. 

‘That’s correct,’ replied the trooper. 

Jackson may soon have a second case on his hands with Spacey as well, which would put him back on his home turf.

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office revealed that a probe into Spacey’s alleged criminal behavior that was launched back in August is still ongoing at this time.

A previous investigation was ultimately dismissed by the DA.

Jackson is familiar with the workings of that office,  having spent close to two decades as a Deputy Assistant for the same office before going into private practice.

A spokesperson for the organization spoke with DailyMail.com and said: ‘A sex assault case was presented yesterday to our office by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department involving Kevin Spacey. It remains under review.’

This news comes a year after the two-time Oscar winner was accused of sexually assaulting a then-underage Anthony Rapp at his Manhattan apartment.

Spacey responded by coming out as gay and entering a rehab facility in Arizona, where he remained for weeks. 

The incident that spurred Spacey’s downfall allegedly took place at Spacey’s apartment in 1986 when the actor invited Rapp to a party while they were both appearing on Broadway.

In an interview with Buzzfeed, Rapp said that he found himself alone in the apartment at the end of the night and that Spacey then began to make his move.

‘He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don’t, like, squirm away initially, because I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ And then he lays down on top of me,’ said Rapp, who detailed being pressed up against the bed before being able to squirm away and ultimately leave the house without being assaulted by Spacey.

Spacey made the decision to come out of the closet in a statement apologizing to actor Anthony Rapp, who said in an interview that the actor attempted to sexually assault him in 1986, an incident Spacey says he does not remember.

Rapp was 14 at the time while Spacey was 26.

House of cards: Spacey will be arraigned on one count of Indecent Assault & Battery when he appears in a Nantucket courtroom early next month (Spacey above in his now-cancelled Netflix show House of Cards)

House of cards: Spacey will be arraigned on one count of Indecent Assault & Battery when he appears in a Nantucket courtroom early next month (Spacey above in his now-cancelled Netflix show House of Cards)

Trying time: The alleged victim's mother, Heather Unruh (above), said last year that her son was eventually able to get away when a woman walked over to him while the actor was in the bathroom and said: 'Run!'

Trying time: The alleged victim’s mother, Heather Unruh (above), said last year that her son was eventually able to get away when a woman walked over to him while the actor was in the bathroom and said: ‘Run!’

It was in the aftermath of Rapp sharing his story that the mother of the victim in the nantucket case, heather Unruh, came forward on Twitter and later went public. 

Court documents in the criminal case against Spacey that have been obtained by DailyMail.com detail how the actor allegedly assaulted his teenage victim.

Spacey will appear in court next month to be arraigned on a charge of Indecent Assault & Battery that stems from an incident that allegedly occurred in the early morning hours of July 8, 2016 at The Club Car in Nantucket.

The then-18-year-old-man accusing Spacey claims in court documents that this is where the actor tried to ‘jack him off’ after the Oscar winner allegedly unzipped this fly, stuck his hand in his pants and began to rub his penis.

He shared the alleged details of this encounter with multiple people at the time but not police, citing his embarrassment about being sexually assaulted by a famous man as the reason for his silence.

Spacey is now facing up to five years in jail, a sentence he is preparing to fight as was evidenced in court last week when his lawyers argued that the teenager who made these allegations was a drunk sycophant who has no proof of any inappropriate contact. 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.