News, Culture & Society

Kevin Spacey’s alleged sexual assault victim recorded the actor touching him on Snapchat

A young man who accused Kevin Spacey of sexually assaulting him at a seaside restaurant near Boston in 2016 filmed part of the incident, according to court filings. 

The 59-year-old star of the ‘House of Cards’ series, who has won two Oscars, is due to be formally charged on January 7 on the island of Nantucket with ‘indecent assault and battery on a person over 14 years of age.’

If found guilty, Spacey could face up to five years in jail.

The young man, identified as William Little and aged 18 at the time of the alleged assault in July 2016, told police he had sent messages, including a video, to his girlfriend via the Snapchat app from the ‘Club Car’ restaurant in Nantucket, where he was working as a bus boy for the summer, according to the court filing.

The same day it was announced that Spacey was to be arraigned on a felony sex assault charge, the actor released a strange video himself seemingly addressing these allegations. 

Speaking in the character of Frank Underwood, the scheming politician he played in ‘House of Cards’ before the show dropped him, the video has racked up more than 6 million views on YouTube.

Spacey outside the bar where the alleged assault occurred in 2016. Court documents state that Kevin Spacey’s accuser recorded part of the 2016 incident on Snapchat

The victim’s mother, Heather Unruh, a former Boston television news anchor, had said last year that former ‘House of Cards’ star repeatedly stuck his hand down the pants of her 18-year-old son. 

The new court documents give a detailed account of the night he is reported to have assaulted Unruh’s son.

After meeting the actor and telling him he was 23 years old — the legal drinking age is 21 in Massachusetts — the bus boy started drinking first beer and then whiskey with Spacey.

‘The drinks continued constantly through the whole night. Things started to get a little fuzzy when [Unruh’s son] and Spacey went over to the piano,’ Trooper Gerald F. Donovan wrote in his report in the court filing according to Masslive. 

Opening up: The accuser's mother, Heather Unruh (above), has spoken publicly about the incident multiple times in the past, saying Spacey fondled her son's genitals

Opening up: The accuser’s mother, Heather Unruh (above), has spoken publicly about the incident multiple times in the past, saying Spacey fondled her son’s genitals

Kevin Spacey is due to be charged on January 7 on Nantucket with 'indecent assault and battery on a person over 14 years of age.' If found guilty, he could face up to five years in jail (pictured in a bizarre video he released)

Kevin Spacey is due to be charged on January 7 on Nantucket with ‘indecent assault and battery on a person over 14 years of age.’ If found guilty, he could face up to five years in jail (pictured in a bizarre video he released)

‘[Unruh’s son] said he had at least four or five beers before Spacey said they should switch to whiskey adding, ‘Let’s get drunk.’ 

Unruh’s son said he spoke of his girlfriend of five months to Spacey, at which point he was allegedly told to stop texting her by the actor. The accuser then said Spacey started talking about the size of his penis. 

‘[Unruh’s son] said he did not know how to respond to that,’ Trooper Donovan’s report read. 

Spacey then allegedly invited him back to his place, along with some other friends. The young man declined, suspecting the actor was trying to seduce him. But he stayed in the bar in the hopes of getting a picture with Spacey.  

‘Will only lingered around because he wanted a picture with Spacey, something for Instagram,’ the filing said. ‘Spacey had told him, if you come back with me, I will take a picture with you.’

That was when Spacey began sexually molesting the young man, according to the court documents.

‘Will tried to shift away with his body and move Spacey’s hands away with his hands but Spacey kept reaching down his pants,’ it said.

‘Will said his girlfriend did not believe him so that’s when he Snapchatted the video,’ it said.

He then left the bar on the advice of a woman who reportedly saw ‘he was in distress.’ He returned to work the next day and informed the owner of the bar of the incident, the court documents said.

Kevin Spacey's chilling video, titled 'Let Me Be Frank,' in which he addresses the audience as his character Frank Underwood, has racked up more than 6million views in 24 hours 

Kevin Spacey’s chilling video, titled ‘Let Me Be Frank,’ in which he addresses the audience as his character Frank Underwood, has racked up more than 6million views in 24 hours 

The filing said that police had retrieved the footage and shown it to the young man, who confirmed it showed him and Spacey.

KEVIN SPACEY SAYS HE WILL MAKE COMEBACK AFTER SEX CHARGES

I know what you want. Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us but what we have is too strong, is too powerful. I mean, after all, we shared everything you and I. I told you my deepest darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty. But mostly I challenged you and made you think and you trusted me even  though you knew you shouldn’t. 

So we’re not done no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want you want. Him back of course. Some believed  everything and I’ve just been waiting with bated breath for him he confess it all. They’re just dying to have me  declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t it be easy if it was all so simple. 

Only you and I both know it’s never that simple. Not in politics and not in life, but you wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you. You wouldn’t rush to judgment without facts , would you? 

Did you? No, not you, you’re  smarter than that. Anyway, all this presumption made for such an unsatisfying ending, and to think  it could have been such a memorable send-off. I mean, if you and I’ve learned nothing else these past years it’s that in life and art, nothing should be off the table. 

We weren’t afraid. Not of what we said, not of what we did, and we’re still not afraid. Because I can promise you this: If I didn’t pay the price for  the things we both know I did do, I’m  certainly not gonna pay the price for  the things I didn’t do.

Well, of course  they’re gonna say I’m being disrespectful not playing by the rules,  like I ever played by anyone’s rules. But I never did and you loved it anyhow.  despite all he animosity, the headlines, the impeachment without a  trial despite everything despite even my own death. I feel surprisingly good and my confidence grows each day that soon enough you will know the full truth. 

Wait a minute, now that I think of it, you never actually saw me die, did you? Conclusions can be so deceiving. Miss me?

 

Spacey, who was forced out of public life by accusations of sexual misconduct in 2017, has not yet commented on the latest charges.  

Spacey was considered one of the finest actors of his generation but his career nosedived following allegations of sexual misconduct by more than a dozen men in the United States and Britain.

His downfall began on October 29, 2017, when Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him in the star’s New York apartment in 1986 when Rapp was just 14, triggering a string of similar complaints.

To date, 30 men have made public allegations about the actor. While no formal charges have been filed, police in LA and London are investigating allegations of sexual assault, including rape. 

In the UK, there are six active investigations. The Old Vic theatre in London, where Spacey was artistic director for 11 years until 2015, said it had received 20 complaints of inappropriate behaviour during his tenure.

Spacey issued a swift and contrite apology, ended years of rumours about his sexuality by ‘coming out’ as gay and checked into sex rehab clinic The Meadows in Arizona alongside disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

But unlike Weinstein – who has been photographed going about his daily business, visiting his lawyers’ offices and picking his children up from school – there has been no sign of Spacey anywhere.

Until this week, when he released a bizarre video suggesting that he was preparing to make a comeback.

In the video, entitled Let Me Be Frank, Spacey acknowledges the charges which have been made against him and suggests he will overcome them and revive his career. 

He then makes a number of cryptic statements, at one point stating: ‘If I didn’t pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I’m certainly not gonna pay the price for the things I didn’t do.’

Spacey then closes out the video by stating: ‘I feel surprisingly good and my confidence grows each day that soon enough you will know the full truth. 

‘Wait a minute, now that I think of it, you never actually saw me die, did you? Conclusions can be so deceiving. Miss me?’

That last comment seems to be a reference to Frank Underwood, the character he played on House of Cards. 

 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.