Lamb koftas with rainbow couscous
Probably the tastiest recipe here! The spices make the lamb absolutely delicious. A real family winner.
MAKES 2 ADULT AND 2 CHILD PORTIONS
Remove the koftas from the skewers and serve with the couscous and a good dollop of yogurt on the side, plus a squeeze of lemon if you like
300g lamb mince
1 tbsp dried mint
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
zest of 1 lemon
oil, for brushing
greek yogurt, to serve
lemon juice, to serve (optional)
For the couscous
300ml boiling water
½ yellow pepper, finely diced ½ red pepper, finely diced
100g cucumber, finely diced
small bunch of mint (around 10g), finely chopped
30g bunch of parsley, finely chopped
juice of ½ lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
4 metal or bamboo skewers (if using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak in water for 30 minutes before using)
- Mix the lamb with the mint, spices and lemon zest, then divide it into four portions: two smaller child’s portions and two larger for adults.
- Mould each portion into an oval shape and thread each one on to a skewer, squeezing with your hands to spread it out a little along the skewer.
- Brush each kofta skewer lightly with oil to prevent them from sticking.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling water then cover and leave to absorb the liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a medium heat until it is hot. Cook the skewers on the griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and the meat is well sealed.
- Fluff up the couscous using a fork then add the remaining ingredients. Stir through to combine.
- Remove the koftas from the skewers and serve with the couscous and a good dollop of yogurt on the side, plus a squeeze of lemon if you like.
- This keeps for up to two days covered in the fridge.