News, Culture & Society

Little Mix: The Search’s Chris Ramsey confirms he’s tested negative for Covid after show halted

Little Mix: The Search’s Chris Ramsey reveals he’s tested negative for Covid and is ‘absolutely gutted’ live shows have been halted by positive tests

Chris Ramsey has revealed he’s tested negative for coronavirus after the BBC announced production on Little Mix: The Search has been halted.

The show’s host, 34, took to Twitter on Wednesday to admit he was ‘absolutely gutted’ that the upcoming live shows have been postponed due to ‘a small number’ of crew members testing positive for COVID-19.  

Presenter Chris kept things positive as he said he’s looking forward to seeing viewers tune in to the BBC programme when it returns to screens next Saturday.

Postponed: Chris Ramsey has revealed he’s tested negative for coronavirus after the BBC announced Little Mix: The Search has been halted (pictured centre with the girl band) 

Retweeting the announcement, the TV star penned: ‘Absolutely gutted. I had a test and I was negative.’

The funnyman attempted to bring some light relief to fans as he joked: ‘Let’s be honest, I think if it was me they would just find another presenter and do the show anyway. See you all next week. Crossed fingers.’ 

In a statement, the BBC confirmed the planned shows had been delayed by a week so crew members could self-isolate.

The broadcaster said: ‘We can confirm that a small number of people on the Little Mix The Search production have tested positive for coronavirus and they are now self-isolating following the latest government guidelines. 

'I'm absolutely gutted': The show's host took to Twitter on Wednesday to admit address the live shows being postponed due to 'a small number' of crew members testing positive for Covid

‘I’m absolutely gutted’: The show’s host took to Twitter on Wednesday to admit address the live shows being postponed due to ‘a small number’ of crew members testing positive for Covid

Statement: Presenter Chris, 34, kept things positive as he said he's looking forward to seeing viewers tune in to the BBC programme when it returns to screens next Saturday

Statement: Presenter Chris, 34, kept things positive as he said he’s looking forward to seeing viewers tune in to the BBC programme when it returns to screens next Saturday

‘Due to the format of the show we have made the decision to postpone Saturday’s programme. 

‘There are rigorous protocols in place to manage Covid-19 as the safety of all those involved in the production is paramount. We hope to be back on air on Saturday 24 October.’ 

BBC also confirmed that none of Little Mix themselves have tested positive for coronavirus. 

Pushed back: In a statement, the BBC confirmed the planned shows had been delayed by a week so crew members could self-isolate

Pushed back: In a statement, the BBC confirmed the planned shows had been delayed by a week so crew members could self-isolate

We'll be back! Host Chris Ramsey took to Twitter to confirm he'd also tested negative for COVID-19, telling fans he was 'gutted' the live show had been postponed

We’ll be back! Host Chris Ramsey took to Twitter to confirm he’d also tested negative for COVID-19, telling fans he was ‘gutted’ the live show had been postponed

It’s thought the competing six bands – boyband, girl vocal, girl dance, R n B and Hip Hop, mixed and live instrumental – have all been placed in lockdown so they are safe to perform when the series returns, according to Metro.

MailOnline has contacted a representative for BBC for further comment. 

Little Mix: The Search has seen the X Factor winners join forces to find a group that can support them on their upcoming tour, auditioning plenty of hopefuls that could be formed into six different types of bands.

The live shows were scheduled to start this weekend, hosted by comedian Chris Ramsay, but will now start the following weekend.  

New music star: Little Mix: The Search has seen the X Factor winners join forces to find a group that can support them on their upcoming tour

New music star: Little Mix: The Search has seen the X Factor winners join forces to find a group that can support them on their upcoming tour

However despite being a hit with fans on social media, The Search hasn’t had the strongest start in the ratings.

It is thought that only 1.9m people tuned in to watch the talent show last month, compared to more than double that watched rival BGT, reports The Mirror.

Despite the opening weekend, BBC bosses are reportedly hoping the ratings will improve when more figures come in.

A source said: ‘It’s a fresh new show for a young audience who prefer to watch on BBC iPlayer sometimes a few days after it’s aired on TV.’

MailOnline has contacted a representative for Little Mix and for the BBC to ask for a comment. 

Preparations: It's thought the competing six bands have all been placed in lockdown so they are safe to perform when the series returns

Preparations: It’s thought the competing six bands have all been placed in lockdown so they are safe to perform when the series returns

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.