London sees EIGHTH murder in two weeks: Man in his 20s shot dead in Harlesden is latest violent death in capital after lockdown easing – as 2020 toll hits 65
- Police found the young man thought to be in his 20s in Harlesden, Brent at 3am
- The victim was pronounced dead at the scene after suffering gunshot wounds
- Latest in string of murders across Capital after lockdown restrictions were eased
A young man has been shot dead in north London this morning in yet another murder to hit the Capital’s streets in recent days.
Police found the victim, thought to be in his 20s, in Harlesden, Brent at 3am this morning.
They gave him first aid until the arrival of the London Ambulance Service but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
This is the latest in a string of murders across the Capital in the wake of lockdown restrictions being eased, with one expert warning there was, ‘a crimewave coming, a tsunami on the way.’
Police found the victim, thought to be in his 20s, in Harlesden, Brent at 3am this morning. Pictured, the scene today
This is the latest in a string of murders across the Capital in the wake of lockdown restrictions being eased
No arrests have been made yet and police say enquiries are ongoing.
A murder investigation was launched yesterday after a man was stabbed in west London.
The victim was found injured in Elmfield Way, Maida Vale, at around 12.30am on Wednesday, the Metropolitan Police said.
Police officers gave him first aid and land and air ambulance crews were called, but he died in hospital shortly after 1am.
And just days ago, London was rocked by three stabbings in the space of ten hours.
Separate attacks last Friday saw a young man killed in Poplar, a police officer knifed in Hendon and another man left fighting for his life after an assault in Haringey.
The attacks came after another victim was stabbed to death in Dulwich last Wednesday.
Last week alone there were four fatal attacks, coming after more coronavirus restrictions were lifted by the Government on the first Saturday of the month.
There have now been more than 60 murders in London this year
- William Algar, 53, Jan-03, Barnes
- Takieddine Boudhane, 30, Jan-03, Finsbury Park
- Krasimir Kartikov, 60, Jan-13, Croydon
- Harinder Kumar, 22, Jan-19, Seven Kings
- Narinder Singh, 26, Jan-19, Seven Kings
- Baljit Singh, 34, Jan-19, Seven Kings
- Tahereh Pirali-Dashti, 40, Jan-20, Barnet
- Beverley Denahy, 61, Jan-22, Chingford
- Unnamed man, 60s, Jan-24, Clapton
- Louis Johnson, 16, Jan-27, Croydon
- Eraj Seifi, 46, Jan-29, Queens Park
- Unnamed man, 33, Feb-12, North Finchley
- James Dowdell, 54, Feb-17, Chelsea
- Sundeep Ghuman, 36, Feb-18, Thamesmead
- Lennox Nigel Alcendor, 42, Feb-21, Cricklewood
- Li-Qing Wang, 35, Feb-25, Waltham Forest
- Tyler Roye, 24, Feb-26, Croydon
- Archie Beston, 19, Feb-29, Kingston
- Asante Campbell, 24, Feb-29, Hendon
- David Siirak, 27, Mar-01, Hillingdon
- Shanur Ahmed, 16, Mar-03, Newham
- Ricardo Fuller, 24, Mar-07, Ilford
- Vanita Nowell, 68, Mar-08, Southwark
- Damani Mauge, 17, Mar-08, Croydon
- Cameron Murfitt, 18, Mar-15, Greenwich
- Tracey Kidd, 57, Mar-17, Hackney
- Shadika Mohsin Patel, 40, Mar-19, Newham
- Abdullahi Mahmoud, 29, Mar-19, Enfield
- Stefan Melnyk, 54, Mar-22, Acton
- Kelly Stewart, 41, Mar-26, Barking
- Tomas Macionis, 35, Mar-31, Walthamstow
- Sonia Teresa Burton Calvi, 56, Apr-01, Stockwell
- Edgar Aguilera Daza, 59, Apr-01, Stockwell
- Maryan Ismail, 57, Apr-06, Edmonton
- Ralph Gibson, 42, Apr-15, Putney
- Denise Michelle Keane-Barnett-Simmons, 26, Apr-16, Brent
- Mark Baker, 62, Apr-19, Walthamstow
- Jay John, 27, Apr-25, Hackney
- Baljit Singh, 37, Apr-25, Hayes
- Pavinya Nithiyakumar, 1, Apr-26, Ilford
- Nigish Nithiyakumar, 3, Apr-26, Ilford
- David Gomoh, 24, Apr-26, Newham
- Anthony Rooks, 79, May-04, Holloway
- Yonas Haile, 32, May-05, Hammersmith
- Francois Kablan, 19, May-13, Southwark
- Jemal Ebrahim, 23, May-13, Haringey
- Chad Gordon, 27, May-18, Haringey
- Oluwamayowa Adeymi, 21, Jun-05, Hackney
- Nicole Smallman, 27, Jun-07, Wembley
- Bibaa Henry, 46, Jun-07, Wembley
- Alexander Kareem, 20, Jun-08, Shepherd’s Bush
- Unnamed woman, 50s, Jun-10, Lewisham
- Mihai Gae, 48, Jun-13, Hornsey
- Kyle Kelson, 25, Jun-19, North Cheam
- Wayne Hoskyns, 41, Jun-19, Bexley
- Steve Morrison, 30, Jun-23, Epping
- Sayagi Sivanantham, 5, Jun-30, Mitcham
- Imani Allaway-Muir, 22, Jul-04, Islington
- Khloemae Loy, 23, Jul-05, Greenwich
- Donnell Rhule, 18, Jul-08, Dulwich
- Muhammed Samir Uddin, 19, Jul-10, Poplar
- Jahreau Shepherd, 30, Jul-11, Kennington
- Dean Edwards, 43, Jul-12, Penge
- Unnamed man, TBC, Jul-15, Maida Vale
- Unnamed man, 20s, Jul-16, Harlesden
Dr Simon Harding, director of the National Centre for Gang Research at the University of West London, and a former Home Office and Metropolitan police adviser, told the Guardian in May: ‘We’re going to have the backwash of everything that’s happened over the last two months.’
‘There’s a crimewave coming, a tsunami on the way.’
Anyone with information on the murder in Brent this morning is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 895/16Jul.
To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.