- Man accused of indecent assault of a girl, 12, extradited from Perth to Sydney
- The alleged incident occurred on a western Sydney bound train on January 1
- The man, 34, is in the process of being formally charged for the alleged incident
- It comes two weeks released CCTV footage of a man police wanted to speak to
A man accused of indecently assaulting a 12-year-old girl on a train as her family sat just metres away has been extradited to Sydney.
The man was filmed being escorted from Sydney Airport by police officers on Saturday night, according to 9 News.
The 34-year-old was arrested in Perth and faced court on Friday, where he was denied bail and the extradition to Sydney was granted.
The man is expected to be formally charged with indecent assault of a child on Saturday night following his extradition from Perth
Police recently released CCTV footage on a man they wanted to speak to following the alleged indecent assault of a 12-year-old girl in Sydney on New Year’s Day
A NSW Police spokeswoman told Daily Mail Australia on Saturday night that the 34-year-old was in the process of being formally charged for the alleged indecent assault.
Police had been looking to track down the man following the alleged attack on a train en route to western Sydney on January 1.
CCTV showed a man boarding a train at Wynyard about 12.30pm on New Year’s Day before the girl and her family boarded at Central.
The girl sat next to the man, who struck up a conversation with her before he allegedly indecently assaulted her while her parents weren’t looking.
A man, 34, was arrested in Western Australia on Thursday and extradited to Sydney on Saturday night
The man got off the train at Granville while the girl and her family remained on the train for another two stops before they got off at Parramatta and alerted police.
The breakthrough in the case comes a fortnight after police publicly released CCTV footage of a man they believed could assist with their inquiries into the incident as part of a public appeal on March 14.
‘Sooner or later we will identify who he is and he would be in a much better position to come forward and talk to us about what occurred,’ Detective Chief Inspector Brad Monk told 9 News at the time.
This man is accused of indecently assaulting a 12-year-old girl as her family sat just metres away on a train on New Years Day
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.