- Theo Moore, 48, was shot dead in his home in Stone Mountain, Georgia Monday
- He had just come back from walking his dog when two men forced their way in
- Moore’s husband was tied up and thrown in the closet during the invasion
- He told police he stayed there as the gunmen shot and killed Moore
- The couple had only been married two months
A newlywed has been shot dead in a violent home invasion while his husband was tied up in the closet.
Theo Moore, 48, had just come back from walking his dog in Stone Mountain, Georgia when two men forced their way into his home on Monday.
Moore’s husband told police the two men tied him up and threw him in the closet after they demanded money, Channel 2 Action News reports.
Theo Moore, 48, had just come back from walking his dog in Stone Mountain, Georgia when two men forced their way into his home (above) and shot him dead
He stayed there as the gunmen shot and killed Moore.
The gunmen then spent about 90 minutes ransacking their home.
They were caught on surveillance cameras stealing a television and fleeing in Moore’s car.
‘They took a lot of time in the home,’ Stone Mountain Police Sgt. Manuel Norrington said. ‘They stayed there for some time, which is not normal.’
Moore had only installed the surveillance cameras two weeks ago after an earlier break in attempt.
Police are now using the footage to track down his killers.
Moore and his husband had only been married two months.