Horrific moment man slaughters cow at the side of a highway in Mexico after truck carrying cattle collides with another smuggling migrants, killing one person
- A truck transporting cattle in Veracruz, Mexico, collided with a truck which was smuggling more than 100 undocumented migrants from Central America
- Residents descended on the crash site and instead of aiding the migrants, they started to chase after the cattle which had been freed from the truck
- A video that was shared on social media showed the shocking moment a man started hacking at a cow with a machete
- The Saturday afternoon crash left one of the migrants dead and another seriously injured
- The rest of the migrants reportedly fled and evaded capture. No detentions have been announced
Shocking images which emerged from Mexico this weekend show the moment residents slaughter a cow following an accident involving two trucks.
A wild scene quickly developed after a trailer transporting cattle in the southeastern coastal state of Veracruz collided with another truck on a highway which was carrying over 100 undocumented migrants.
One cell phone video, just one of many which were shared on social media, shows residents immediately descend at the site of the accident in the town of Cosamaloapan trying to steal the cattle.
Residents in the southeastern Mexican state of Veracruz, slaughter a cow after a truck transporting cattle collided with a trailer that was carrying undocumented migrants from Central America
Dozens of people can be seen in the video running around with ropes to tie the animals up and lead them away from the crash site as cops and bystanders look on from a overpass bridge.
At one point, people stand over one of the animals as a man started chopping away at it with a machete.
Witnesses told Mexican news outlet Diario de Mexico that residents were slaughtering the animals on highway in order to take as much meat as possible while law enforcement agents looked on.
A group of men attempt to free cattle stuck inside a trailer
A wild scene developed in Mexico on Saturday after villagers rushed to the scene of a truck accident and stole the cattle being transported
A group of men team up to tied two cows that were trying to run away from the crash site
According to Razon, a migrant from Central American who was being smuggled in the truck was declared dead on the scene.
Another person suffered injuries and was transported to a local hospital.
Sources told Razon that the truck carrying the migrants was traveling at a high speed to avoid being captured by local authorities.
The migrants immediately fled the scene. Law enforcement officials have not announced any detentions.