Manchester United star Antony is facing fresh allegations of domestic abuse just days after the club showed Mason Greenwood the door.
Antony’s ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin claims the 23-year-old Brazil winger attacked her while she was pregnant, damaged her breast implant, cut her finger with a glass and threatened to throw her out of a speeding car.
Antony, 23, issued a statement on Monday night denying the allegations.
‘I can say with confidence that the accusations are false,’ he wrote on social media.
‘My relationship with Ms Gabriela was tumultuous, with verbal offences from both sides, but I never practised any physical aggression. I trust the ongoing police investigations will reveal the truth about my innocence.’
The DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin has made more allegations against her former partner, the Manchester United and Brazil footballer Antony
United’s Antony remains under police investigation in Brazil but denies the abuse allegations
The issue is even more sensitive for United after Greenwood left on loan for Spanish club Getafe last week following a six-month club investigation.
United decided Greenwood could not play for them again, even though the Crown Prosecution Service dropped charges of attempted rape and assault against him in February.
Cavallin, a DJ and influencer, has filed a complaint against Antony to Greater Manchester Police, having alleged four incidents of domestic violence, bodily injury and threat to the authorities in Sao Paulo in June.
She went into further detail with Brazilian website UOL on Monday revealing WhatsApp screenshots and pictures of her injuries.
Cavallin accused Antony of putting her in a car and attacking her repeatedly – while she was pregnant – and threatening to push her out of the vehicle at high speed when they were on holiday in Brazil in June 2022.
She continued to have a relationship with Antony but claimed in the interview he alternated between moments of affection and outbursts of aggression, before apologising.
When Antony moved from Dutch club Ajax to United in August 2022, in a transfer worth £82million, she accompanied him to England.
However, when he went to play for Brazil at the World Cup in Qatar, she tried to end the relationship for good but wasn’t able to do so.
Cavallin, a DJ and influencer, filed a police report in Brazil in June and then spoke out on TV
Cavallin said she needed stitches to her breast after Antony allegedly injured her
She followed the player to Manchester when he joined United from Ajax for £81.3million and claims she was the victim of another assault on January 15 which dislodged a breast implant and left her with a cut head.
‘I don’t remember exactly who the fight was about, but it was someone I had been with years ago,’ she told UOL. ‘He punched me in the chest and my silicone [implant] turned over.
‘Then I came to Brazil for surgery to change the prosthesis. He said: ‘I didn’t mean to hurt you, it was accidental, it wasn’t a punch, I just pushed you, I just held you against the wall.’
The final attack, she claims, happened on May 8 when Antony threatened her with a glass and she cut a finger trying to defend herself, leading to her return to Brazil. She added: ‘I knew I had to leave, but I couldn’t. I liked him a lot. I had a lot of hope.
‘I was very attached to the beginning of our relationship, to the things he was to me in the beginning. On that last day [May 8], it was very serious. I was really scared that I wouldn’t be able to get out of the house.’
The player’s representatives told UOL the case remains under ‘judicial secrecy’ and did not wish to comment.
Mail Sport has contacted Antony’s representatives for comment. Manchester United replied ‘no comment’ when contacted.
A police statement on Monday night read: ‘Greater Manchester Police is aware of the allegations made and enquiries remain ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding this report.’
Antony posted a statement in Portuguese on Instagram in June as he stressed his innocence
Antony, who played in United’s 3-1 defeat at Arsenal on Sunday, issued a statement on his Instagram account in June.
He wrote: ‘For you, after submitting my statement at the police station where the investigation involving my name is being conducted, I wanted to speak publicly for the first time since I was falsely accused of assault.
‘I stayed silent until this moment so that nothing could interfere with the investigation process, but during all these days my family and I suffered in silence.
‘Despite being born and raised in a very needy community, I have never been through a situation similar to this, in which a false assault charge resulted in a preliminary and unfair public judgement on the part of some.
‘After the closure of the investigation, my innocence will certainly be proven and justice will prevail.
‘The damage initially caused to my image will be in the past.
‘Thank you for the countless messages of support received at this very difficult time.’
Antony played in United’s defeat at Arsenal on Sunday and is now preparing for Brazil’s World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru.
Antony (left) played for Manchester United in their defeat to Arsenal on Sunday afternoon
Meanwhile, it has emerged Erik ten Hag’s preference for starting Antony on the right wing is one of Jadon Sancho’s gripes with the United manager.
Antony has started the first four games of the season, while Sancho was on the bench three times before being excluded on Sunday, when he claimed he has been made a ‘scapegoat’.
Sancho and Ten Hag are set to hold talks and at this stage it is unclear if the player will be fined.
Mail Sport columnist Chris Sutton believes Sancho is ‘finished’ at the club.
While former United favourite Rio Ferdinand says the winger should move to the Saudi Pro League before its transfer deadline on Thursday.