News, Culture & Society

Man who said he met Suzi Taylor on Tinder was actually allegedly a ‘sex client who refused to pay’

Twist in Suzi Taylor’s extortion scandal as it’s revealed man who said he met Block star on Tinder before being bashed may have been a ‘sex client who refused to pay’

  • Suzi Taylor is accused of extortion after a late-night rendezvous in October 2019
  • The Block star allegedly bashed and unlawfully detained man, 33, after a date
  • Brisbane Magistrate Court was told the man may have actually hired her for sex  

The man accusing reality The Block star and former Penthouse cover girl Suzi Taylor of assault and extortion after a late-night rendezvous may have been a sex client who refused to pay, a court has been told. 

The complaint was made against reality TV contestant after the man was allegedly bashed and unlawfully detained at Taylor’s home in October last year following a Tinder hook-up. 

Taylor, whose real name is Suellen Jan Taylor, allegedly demanded money from the man during the date, then attacked him when he refused to hand it over.

The Block star and former Penthouse Pet model Suzi Taylor (pictured) is accused of extortion after a late-night rendezvous in October last year 

The man, then 33, was punched and kicked in the face before being forced to make an online transaction and withdrew money, police said at the time.

But on Tuesday, Brisbane Magistrate Court was told the man may not have been on a date with Taylor, 49, but instead hired her for sex, then refused to leave her home when asked.

It was also alleged the man deleted evidence from his phone before making a complaint to the police the morning after the alleged attack.

‘It is remarkable that these issues have not been explored by investigating police,’ Taylor’s lawyer, Michael Gatenby, told the court at an application hearing to cross-examine the man at her committal hearing about the nature of his relationship with Taylor.

‘The inferences that arise from that (are) issues as to the complainant’s credibility.’

Deputy Chief Magistrate Janelle Brassington approved the application, saying it was in the interests of justice.

The complaint was made against reality TV contestant after the man was allegedly bashed and unlawfully detained at Taylor's home in October last year following a Tinder hook-up. Pictured: Suzi Taylor

The complaint was made against reality TV contestant after the man was allegedly bashed and unlawfully detained at Taylor’s home in October last year following a Tinder hook-up. Pictured: Suzi Taylor

Ms Brassington also ordered that Mr Gatenby be allowed to question police over Taylor’s phone, which investigators held as evidence.

‘There seems to be an indication that there were applications relating to what is called ‘Escorts and Babes’ and ‘Scarlet Blue’ on the phone,’ she said.

Outside court, Mr Gatenby said there were problems with the Crown case.

‘We want to explore those and see whether there is a case for (Taylor) to answer,’ he said.

‘We are very hopeful the committal hearing will see an end to (these) matters.’

A committal hearing has been scheduled for July 29.

Taylor, whose real name is Suellen Jan Taylor, allegedly demanded money from the man during the date, then attacked him when he refused to hand it over

Taylor, whose real name is Suellen Jan Taylor, allegedly demanded money from the man during the date, then attacked him when he refused to hand it over

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.