Manchester United and Liverpool’s pursuit of Kingsley Coman in doubt after Bayern Munich set ‘final asking price at £77m’ despite the French winger warning it was ‘unrealistic’ amid the pandemic
- Bayern Munich have set their final asking price for their winger, Kingsley Coman
- The Bundesliga giants are asking potential suitors for £77million to sign him
- But, Coman says it’s unrealistic given the financial ramifications of the pandemic
- As it stands, the 25-year-old’s contract in Germany is set to expire in 2023
Bayern Munich have set their final asking price for French winger Kingsley Coman at £77million, according to BILD.
Coman, 25, has been linked with a summer exit after catching the attention of Manchester United and Liverpool.
However, Coman – whose contract expires in 2023 – believes Bayern Munich asking price is unrealistic given the financial ramifications of the pandemic.
Bayern Munich have set their final asking price for their French winger, Kingsley Coman
Therefore, Coman may be forced to see out his current contract with the Bundesliga giants despite wanting away from the Allianz Arena.
Nevertheless, Julian Nagelsmann is said to have made the Frenchman part of his plans for next season – when he takes over from Hans Dieter-Flick.
The news of his £77m price-tag will come as a blow to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Jurgen Klopp
Coman (middle) has won nine out of nine domestic league titles in his professional career
In addition, the Munich chiefs are reportedly eager to strike an agreement with Coman over a contract extension beyond 2023.
However, the winger is said to be demanding a wage that matches that of Leroy Sane – who joined from Manchester City last summer – if he should stay.
The news of Coman’s price-tag and Bayern Munich’s plans to extend his contract will come as a blow to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The United manager is looking to bring in options for the right hand side of his attack, although Dortmund’s is at the top of the Red Devils’ wishlist.
The Frenchman also won the Champions League in 2020, scoring the winner in the final
COMAN’S LIST OF TROPHIES
- Ligue 1 (2012-13, 2013-14)
- Coupe de la Ligue (2013-14)
- Trophee des Champions (2013)
- Serie A (2014-15, 2015-16)
- Coppa Italia (2014-15)
- Supercoppa Italiana (2015)
- Bundesliga (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20)
- DFB-Pokal: 2015-16, 2018-19, 2019-20
- DFL-Supercup: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Champions League: 2019-20
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2020
Bayern Munich’s £77m price-tag could also rule Liverpool out of a potential transfer swoop this summer.
Given Diogo Jota, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino are already lining up for Liverpool – it would seem like an unnecessary payment for Jurgen Klopp.
Nevertheless, Coman’s track record makes him hot-property – having become one of the most decorated players in European club football.
The 24-year-old has not gone on a single season without winning the league title and scored the winner during Bayern’s Champions League final in 2020.