News, Culture & Society

Mario Batali’s company FINALLY cuts all ties with the chef after he was accused of sexual assault

Celebrity chef Mario Batali is now being accused of raping a woman in the bathroom of his New York City restaurant Babbo.

The woman has filed a police report in which she claims that Batali forced himself on her back in 2004 according to TMZ. 

The Color Toner Experts

She was reportedly drinking at the bar on January 29 of that year when she went to the bathroom sometime around 2am.

‘The next thing she remembers is Batali on top of her, having sex with her … and she was physically helpless,’ reports the website.  

The NYPD has opened an investigation into the chef a spokesperson told DailyMail.com, but would not confirm if it was in response to this latest allegation. 

At the same time, Batali has also been dropped by B&B Hospitality Group, with the company announcing on Monday that they are severing all ties with the disgraced chef.

Ne allegation: A new woman is claiming she was raped by Mario Batali in 2004 while out drinking at his New York City restaurant Babbo

That announcement came one day after a number of women alleged in interviews with 60 Minutes that they been sexually harassed and groped by the married father-of-two, 57, who they referred to as ‘The Red Demon.’

These incidents all occurred at The Spotted Pig according to the women, a restaurant in Manhattan’s West Village that Batali has had an ownership stake in since it opened. 

The stories these women told, which included one who claims to have witnessed Batali sexually assault an incapacitated woman, had previously been reported back in December by The New York Times.

There was one new women to come forward however who worked with Batali and said she too thinks she was sexually assaulted by the chef. 

That woman believes she may have been drugged as well back in 2005, after waking up around dawn one day after passing out in a private room at The Spotted Pig.  

‘I woke up by myself on the floor, I don’t know where I am, of an empty room, wooden floor. I see broken bottles. The first thing I think is, “I’ve been drugged.” That was the first thing I thought is, “I’ve been– I’ve been assaulted,”‘ said the woman. 

‘My right leg was very deeply wounded, like, scratched, like, deep scratches.’

She then added: ‘I didn’t think I had been raped. I didn’t feel any kind of trauma … I didn’t feel any trauma internally. But I also did find- I looked on my skirt- There were two areas. It looked like DNA.’

She then tried to talk about the incident with Batali but she claims he refused to even speak.

‘I said, “What happened? What- what happened last night,” And he just was silent, wouldn’t talk to me,’ said the woman.

The woman decided to call a crisis hotline and then get an exam she claimed, with four individuals confirming that she had told them about this at the time.

She even went to speak with police, but in the end could not bring herself to file a report out of fear that she would never work in a restaurant again and be left unemployed in the news got around. 

‘They tried getting me to file a report. They tried, they tried,’ she explained of the officers with the special victims unit.

‘But I– you know, a young actress, no resources, no money. I couldn’t. I– I couldn’t do it.’  

Batali said in a statement:  ‘I vehemently deny the allegation that I sexually assaulted this woman.’

 



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.