In the constant questioning of pupils “why do we learn ancient Greek masters since we will never speak this language?” The teacher has to provide a convincing answer. If the student is not convinced of the usefulness of what is being taught, teaching has been misplaced from the beginning. This question of every teenager is reasonable and logical, given the workload of children in today’s age. For this reason, the teacher must convince his students of the value of teaching the ancient.
- The Ancient Greek Language is based on a wealth of words and endless possibilities of synthesis
- It has a clear and easy-to-understand verbal and editorial structure
- It has musicality and it is loud
- Contributed to the creation of literature, to the development of philosophical thought even to mathematics
- Many foreign language terms have their roots in ancient Greek
- Ancient Greek is a language that has been spoken incessantly for over 3,000 years as Modern Greek is considered a natural evolution.
- Helps us with its rich vocabulary both in our spiritual development and in the use of synonyms
- Thousands of students in every corner of the world are taught ancient Greek like we do in foreign languages, why not us??
- Knowing the evolution of our language enables us to better understand its structures and consequently the proper use of Modern Greek
- Finally, it enhances our sense of national identity
What do we need to be able to learn Greek?
When you are going to Modern Greek Language Learning keep below point in mind
Routines to improve your Greek-Turkish
To develop a language, all that is needed is perseverance on the part of the person who is studying it, the constancy and dedication determines the speed with which the various students who are practicing the language can manage it.
One of the primary actions that you must perform is to buy a Greek-English or Turkish-English dictionary, to facilitate the understanding of those terms that are complex when you are reading and observe them, it is also appropriate if you want to know what an object is called and the variations you can have when writing it or speaking it in sentences.
It is essential that you realize the understanding of the language as if you hardly learned to speak, children at birth first start with speech and then writing, but in this case it can be done jointly where you listen to audios, music, read novels in the native language that you learn, watch series or movies that are pleasant and facilitate adaptation and incorporation into this speech as a normal day-to-day activity.
Greek language teaching programs
It is important to know that the Ministry of Culture of Cyprus constantly teaches Greek language teaching programs all this in order to ensure migrants integrate into the daily communication used, has 50 sessions of 90 minutes each and the education provided is totally Free and directed from 15 years of age.
There are also Greek Language Learning courses within the country, which will provide you with the ease of communicating and growing in the teaching of this language, it has classes aimed at people regardless of age, but all their programs are adapted to the educational level of the individual.
One of the essential recommendations is that you enroll in a course where you can constantly practice what you have learned with other people, in addition to clarifying doubt and receiving certain learning tips that adapt according to the skill of each individual.