Chunky monkey leaves a massive dent in the roof of a parked car when it leaps off a balcony in India
- The monkey was filmed causing the damage on CCTV in Mohali in Punjab, India
- He jumps from a great height but his landing is softened by the silver Chevrolet
- The ape looks around briefly before casually strolling off down the windscreen
A car owner was baffled to discover that a monkey had caused a metre-wide dent in the roof of his car after he used to soften his landing while jumping off a balcony.
The monkey was filmed causing the damage on CCTV in Mohali in Punjab, India on September 15.
In the video, a silver Chevrolet is parked on a paved side street.
The street seems quiet and nothing unusual catches the viewer’s eye.
Until suddenly, a large monkey appears having just leapt from a balcony feet first.
He falls quickly and has his landing softened by the car’s roof, which dents immediately under the impact.
Despite a lack of sound on the footage, the car alarm presumably sounded as the car’s lights began to flash under the impact.
In the top left corner, the monkey can be seen leaping from the balcony towards the silver Chevrolet parked on a paved side street in Mohali in Punjab, India
His landing is softened by the car’s roof which dents immediately under the impact and the car’s lights begin to flash briefly under the movement
The monkey looks around briefly as if to see if anyone had witnessed his vandalism.
He then causally strolls down the car’s windscreen and off of the car to continue on his journey.
The unnamed owner of the vehicle said: ‘I went to my hometown on the weekend with my other car.
The monkey looks around as if to see if anyone had witnessed his vandalism
He then causally strolls down the car’s windscreen and off the car to continue on his journey
‘When I came back and I was shocked to see a big dent in my roof.
‘The dent was so big It looked like someone had jumped all over my car.
‘I started investigating the CCTV cameras and was even more shocked that from nowhere, a heavy weight monkey came to my house and jumped from the balcony over the car.
‘The impact was such that he damaged half of my car roof.’
It is not yet known whether the car owner will make a claim on his insurance to cover the repairs from the bizarre incident.
The weirdest insurance claims made (and won) against monkeys
The weirdest insurance claims made against monkeys
- A man travelling in Asia had his glasses stolen by a monkey while he was visiting a temple and then watched helplessly as the aggressive ape decided to eat them. He was reimbursed $359 for the stolen spectacles.
- One couple on holiday in Malaysia had their clothes stolen by a troop of monkeys before leaving a trail of dresses, t-shirts and underwear all over the nearby rainforest. Luckily, ‘theft by monkey’ was covered by their travel insurance.
- A 30-year-old man had been filming monkeys from his car window at Longleat Safari Park, Wiltshire, with his HTC One X mobile phone. A monkey climbed on the roof and snatched it but fortunately, his insurers replaced the device.
- Another couple, who were in Bali, had one of their bags stolen by a mischievous ape. A group of children who witnessed the event chased down the monkey and tried to lure it closer with food in order to exchange it. But the primate became frustrated and instead tossed the bag off the top of a cliff. The insurers covered the cost of the bag and its contents.