An irregular bowel movement leads to an intestinal disorder, including various symptoms such as pain in the stomach, constipation, diarrhea, and others. Other symptoms may also include a change in the bowel movements, the inability to empty stomach due to hardening of stools. These symptoms are alleviated by defecation. Less fiber, not drinking sufficient fluids, eating fermented food, poor health conditions, and many other reasons are responsible for constipation. Constipation is common in all ages but more frequently found in women as compared to men. It affects different people differently and may cause uneasiness, distress, abdominal pain, bloating, and discomfort. Irritable bowel syndrome leads to a higher level of constipation. As per experts view, there are some surprising causes which lead to constipation as follows –
- Being Inactive or Skipping Workouts: Skipping workouts lead to the problem of constipation and inactiveness of the body keeps the food intact and does not find its way to the intestine. Therefore, it is recommended for people to take a walk after having a large meal. A healthy diet should be followed, including fibers, fruits, vegetables or salads, etc., that can keep the bowel movements regular without any irritation.
- Fermented food: Sometimes, fermented food hampers the digestion process. Large amounts of probiotic bacteria lead to rapid changes in the gut flora, which causes constipation. Thus, it is essential that you avoid fermented food altogether.
- Eating too many dried fruit or nuts: Huge quantity of nuts and dried fruits are very hard to digest, and when something is hard to digest, it becomes undigested bulky waste that becomes harder to move through the colon. The dried fruits and nuts will not be digested if the body is not well-hydrated. It will ultimately lead to the formation of solid stool, and it will be very difficult to eliminate.
- Fast eating habit: Eating food slowly proves beneficial as the entire process goes on smoothly. Bigger chunks of foods, if not eaten and chewed properly, may ultimately lead to constipation.
- The habit of drinking liquids at meals: At the time of eating food, the goal of the body is to absorb maximum nutrients, and those who are left out will be automatically eliminated from the body. The digestives enzymes are diluted when you drink water during meals. It can hinder your body’s process of absorbing maximum nutrition from the food.
- Tightening of Pelvic floor muscles: For avoiding constipation, it is vital to make the pelvic floor muscles relaxed by using squatty potty or stool. The relaxed pelvic muscles give the bowel movement enough room to come out.
- Holding it in: The tendency of holding in when there is a need to go to the bathroom and avoiding it continuously is not a good sign. If this habit is repeated frequently, the colon itself stretches out. As a result, the individual will lack the natural urges for having a bowel movement, and thus, it would lead to constipation. Therefore, it’s important to pay attention to what the body is telling to do. Otherwise, it may lead to severe disease of constipation if one does not follow nature’s call.
Certain remedies are recommended by Ayurveda to get relief from constipation and uninterrupted smooth bowel movements. Regular physical exercises play a major role in clearing bowel movements. A relaxed mind can help you get free from stress for the treatment of chronic constipation. Ayurveda can be described as a holistic and natural approach to health. A balanced state of mind can be achieved by a change in lifestyle, thoughts or diets or by treatment of Ayurvedic medicine for chronic constipation. There are no side effects of any Ayurveda medicines and are very effective for the treatment of chronic diseases. Through simple lifestyle or dietary changes, diseases can be tackled easily. These medicines are good for both physical and mental health. It removes toxins from the body and can easily heal a variety of diseases where even modern medicines also failed.