News, Culture & Society

Mother shares shock warning after her little girl was burnt by iPhone charger 

Mother shares shock warning after her little girl was ‘thrown across the room’ and left with a burn the size of a 5p coin when she electrocuted by a PHONE charger

  • Mother revealed online that her little girl was electrocuted by a phone cable
  • Said she tried to plug the wrong end of a plugged-in phone charger into socket
  • Was thrown across the sitting room and ended up with a huge burn on her hand 

A mother has shared a warning with other parents to stay vigilant around chargers after her little girl was electrocuted by a phone cable.

The unnamed Australian mum took to Facebook this week and revealed how her daughter was ‘thrown across the room’ and ended up with a burn the size of a 5p coin after getting hold of a charger.

The youngster had grabbed a plugged-in charger and attempted to plug the side meant for a phone into the outlet, before it popped – resulting in ‘black smoke and sparks’ rising from the plug. 

In the post, which racked up 1,000 comments and likes, the mother explained how her daughter had to be kept in the hospital overnight as doctors couldn’t find an exit wound and  were concerned her heart had been ‘zapped’ , but that she was now recovering.

An Australian mother has shared a warning with other parents to stay vigilant around chargers after her little girl was electrocuted by a phone cable

Taking to Facebook, she wrote: ‘My daughter was admitted into the hospital Monday after receiving a pretty bad electrical shock from trying to plug my phone charger in. 

‘Unfortunately this happened right in front of me. I didn’t realise she knew how to attempt to plug in a charger until it was too late.’

Recalling the incident, she recalled: ‘The power strip she tried plugging the charger into (one end was already plugged in, she tried putting the phone part of charger into the outlet) popped, shot sparks and what looked like flames and black smoke and threw her a few feet across the living room. 

‘She was quiet for a few seconds then started screaming and crying….In ER they found an entrance wound but not an exit which worried them that it zapped her heart.’

In the post, which racked up 1,000 comments and likes, the mother explained how her daughter had to be kept in the hospital overnight as doctors couldn't find an exit wound and were concerned her heart had been 'zapped' , but that she was now recovering

In the post, which racked up 1,000 comments and likes, the mother explained how her daughter had to be kept in the hospital overnight as doctors couldn’t find an exit wound and were concerned her heart had been ‘zapped’ , but that she was now recovering

‘She needed to stay overnight to monitor her heart. Thankfully she is okay besides a burn on her hand.’

Sharing her plans to baby proof her house further, she wrote: ‘Even though my house is baby proofed with outlet covers, door stoppers, baby gates, stove knob covers etc, my baby still got hurt from something I stupidly never even considered would be an issue. Needless to say all power strips will be hidden in spots she can not get too from now on.’

Sharing their shock, one follower wrote: ‘Gosh. I didn’t think about this. Thanks for sharing. I need to be extra careful now’. 

Another added:  ‘So true! Need to be careful with Millie who always finds charger cords to try put in her mouth’.

Posting their advice, Facebook group CPR Kids wrote: ‘For electrical burns, always remember to first switch off the circuit breaker (safety switch) before touching your injured child – so that you yourself don’t also become a victim and can then no longer assist your child.

‘Also, be prepared to follow DRSABCD (as electrical injuries can cause damage to the heart and other organs), before following REMOVE, COOL, COVER, SEEK as demonstrated in our first aid for burns video.’

Sharing their shock, one follower wrote: 'Gosh. I didn’t think about this. Thanks for sharing. I need to be extra careful now'.

Sharing their shock, one follower wrote: ‘Gosh. I didn’t think about this. Thanks for sharing. I need to be extra careful now’.

HOW TO PERFORM CPR ON A BABY

1. Tap the baby’s foot to illicit a response and make sure he or she needs help

2. Call 911. If you are alone with the baby, administer CPR for two minutes and then call 911

3. Lay the baby on his or her back, tilt the head back and lift the chin to open the airway

4. Check for breathing for no more than 10 seconds. Make sure the baby is not gasping for air

5. Pinch the nose shut and blow into the baby’s mouth for one second so his or her chests rises. Then deliver two rescue breaths 

6. If the baby doesn’t respond to the rescue breaths, begin cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)  

7. Deliver 30 quick compression that are about 1.5 inches deep – and use two fingers

8. Continue to do this until you see signs of life, including breathing

Source: American Red Cross

 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.