Sleep in five-star comfort every night: Mum reveals the secret to hotel-inspired ‘cloud-like’ bedding – and the simple folding trick everyone should know
- A mother has shared her tips and tricks for getting hotel-style bedding at home
- Mama Mila posted a video on TikTok saying you need to create ‘hospital corners’
- She also swears by mixing up different colours and styles of pillows on the bed
- Thousands who saw Mila’s video were impressed with how she gets the look
A mother has shared her tips and tricks for getting luxurious ‘cloud-like’ hotel-style bedding at home, and why the key is making ‘hospital corners’ with your flat sheet.
The Australian woman, who goes by Mama Mila online, said there are several things you can do to create the ‘hotel feel at home’, and it all starts with a fitted sheet.
‘Make sure you have a fitted sheet on the bottom of your bed,’ Mila explained in a TikTok video.
A mother has shared her tips and tricks for getting luxurious hotel-style bedding at home, and why the key is making ‘hospital corners’ with your flat sheet (the bed pictured)
The Australian woman, who goes by Mama Mila online, said there are several things you can do to create the ‘hotel feel at home’, and it all starts with a fitted sheet on the base (pictured)
Once you have put on your fitted sheet, the mum recommends you then add a flat sheet over the top of it and tuck in the base.
‘You can create hospital corners by creating a triangle and tucking in the bottom and then tucking in the triangle,’ Mila said.
Hospital corners involve tucking sheets neatly underneath the mattress using overlapping folds — like wrapping a present.
They are often used in hospitals, the military and hotels to create a clean, streamlined finish.
Mila recommends you add ‘hospital corners’ to your bedding to make it look neat, and also mix and match various pillows in different colours or styles (pictured)
When your sheets are on, Mila said she next comes to her pillows.
She favours mixing up the sizes and using Euro and standard-sized pillows to create contrast.
‘I like to match these pillows in colour, but play around with your personal style,’ she explained.
You can add different-coloured pillows as a final touch.
Once you’ve put on your duvet cover, be sure to roll the top down for a full hotel finish.
‘I then add a second set of pillows in a different colour,’ Mila said.
‘I like a symmetrical look but you can mix your pillows in different ways.’
What are the steps to getting hotel-style bedding at home?
1. Put a fitted sheet on the bottom of your bed.
An Australian mum shared her tips for getting hotel-style bedding at home (pictured)
2. Add a flat sheet on top and tuck it in at the base.
3. You can make ‘hospital corners’ by creating a triangle and tucking in the bottom and then tucking in the triangle.
4. Add pillows. Mila likes to mix up different sizes.
5. Put on your duvet cover. Roll down the top of it.
6. Add a second set of pillows in a different colour.
7. Add cushions and a throw in one of the corners of the bed.
Source: Mama Mila
The final thing the mum does is she pops on a few cushions and adds a throw in one of the corners of the bed.
‘It’s easy to bring the hotel feel home,’ Mila said.
Thousands who saw the hack were impressed online, saying ‘that’s amazing’.
‘You make it look so easy,’ one commenter posted.
‘Can’t wait to try this,’ another added.
Previously, Mila has shared a number of tricks online showing how she organises her home.
She has shared how she cleans out her microwave with a simple mixture of one cup of water and one teaspoon of washing detergent.
Her trick takes just four minutes to complete.
Add cushions and a throw at an angle (pictured) for a final hotel-style finish
What are the five steps to the perfect night’s sleep?
The mum shared the secrets to the perfect night’s sleep (pictured)
1. Strip your bed and vacuum your mattress.
2. Mix baking soda with essential oil in a glass container and then sprinkle the mixture over your mattress.
3. Wash your linen and sheets at the same time, and wash pillows and duvet covers every three to six months, leaving them to dry outside ideally.
4. Vacuum up the excess baking soda and re-make your bed.
5. Finish with linen spray.
Source: Mama Mila