Mum reveals how she transformed her body in just FOUR weeks after gaining 24 kilos during her third pregnancy: ‘I’m in fitting old clothes I never thought I would’
- Hannah Polites, 31, signed up to the Australian FitAzFk workout guide
- She wanted to tone up her body and get back her confidence after baby #3
- The result has been tremendous with Hannah losing four kilos in four weeks
An Australian mother has showcased how she transformed her postpartum body using an eight week challenge after gaining more than half her body weight across three pregnancies.
Hannah Polites, 31, who lives on the Gold Coast, Queensland, spoke about signing up to FitAzFk and putting herself first after years of breastfeeding and making poor health decisions for the sake of her children.
Hannah is now halfway through the program and has lost four kilos as well as 15cm off her body.
‘Fitness is a lifestyle for me and it’s the journey I love, not the destination. I’m currently the heaviest and the most unfit I’ve ever been, yet I have the most respect and appreciation for my body and the beautiful gifts it’s given me,’ she said.
THEN AND NOW: Hannah Polites spoke four weeks ago about signing up to FitAzFk and putting herself first after years of breastfeeding and making poor health decisions for the sake of her children
‘My greatest accomplishment in life is being a mother, I truly know it’s exactly where I want to be, where I’m meant to be. But although this is my favourite role and I love them beyond imagination, I need to love and care myself too in order to be the best mother I can be.
‘I try not to let how I look dictate how I feel, but failing to care for myself has affected my energy, my motivation and my identity. My love for fitness was a huge part of who I was before I had babies and I just know that I’m ready to rediscover that passion again, ready for change.’
The FitAzFk method involves completing 28 minute sessions and following a diet plan that fits seamlessly into busy lifestyles.
Hannah posted this photo at 40 weeks pregnant with her third child
The FitAzFk method involves completing 28 minute sessions and following a diet plan that fits seamlessly into busy lifestyles
‘I began this journey because after my third baby I’d completely lost my identify, I was always exhausted, I had put on more than half my body weight (over 24kg) and barely recognised myself inside and out,’ she said.
‘I’m fitting old clothes I never thought I would and I feel stronger, fitter, faster and more powerful,’ she said.
‘The physical changes are a great reward but are really just icing on the cake. What you can’t see in these videos is the incredible improvement in my mental health and overall happiness… I’ve found myself again.
‘I’m fitting old clothes I never thought I would and I feel stronger, fitter, faster and more powerful,’ she said
Hannah’s One Pan Chicken Caprese:
INGREDIENTS serves 2
* 1 large chicken breast cut in half
* Dried Italian herbs, salt and pepper to taste
* Spray Olive Oil
* 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
* 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
* 200g tinned tomatoes
* 1 tbsp basil pesto
* 40g bocconcini
* Fresh Basil
* 200g cherry tomatoes
* 1/3 cup pasta or 1 piece of crusty bread
1. Season chicken breast with dried herbs, salt and pepper.
2. Spray a medium sized frypan with oil and heat to medium heat. Add chicken and cook for around 3 mins each side or until cooked through.
3. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Add baby spinach and cook stirring for a few minutes until wilted.
4. Add 1/2 tsp crushed garlic to pan and cook for 30 secs. Then add tinned and cherry tomatoes and heat through for a further minute.
5. Add chicken back to the pan and dollop with basil pesto. Sprinkle with bocconcini or mozzarella.
6. Place under the grill of the oven for a few minutes until cheese is melted and golden. Serve with pasta or toasted bread and top with fresh basil
‘I’m feeling positive everyday, I’ve got so much energy, I’m getting organised and inspired and I’m motivated to become the best version of ME.’
There are still four weeks left of the challenge and Hannah is looking forward to completing the daily exercises and meal prepping.
‘Good on you!! I’m so inspired. I need to do something like this,’ a fellow Aussie mum wrote to Hannah.
‘This is so inspiring – I am pregnant with my first right now and we just moved to a new city so I feel like I’ve lost my body and my identity. When I woke up and saw your post I felt like it was a sign so I signed up for this program this morning,’ said another.