We all can agree on “You look beautiful when you laugh!”
The only thing that stops you from laughing is Teeth. Teeth discoloration is a common problem faced by most of the people. Fast foods and cold drinks are the addiction of young people. This addiction is devastating for teeth and the whole body. It’s leading toward teeth problems, especially teeth discoloration.
While having discolored and damaged teeth, you can never get full confidence to laugh or even talk. So why hinder yourself behind this problem? Let’s go through some natural remedies to whiten teeth:
Brushing and flossing
The first-ever thing we must do is brushing and flossing. Nothing can be as crucial as brushing. Skipping this process not only harms the teeth but also have adverse effects overall the body. Brushing can reduce plaque and stains while flossing helps get rid of food that resides in teeth. It is recommended to change the brush every three months.
Baking soda :
- Baking soda is best for teeth whitening. We cannot underestimate this specialty of baking soda. Baking soda is abrasive enough to remove the stains away from teeth.
- We can use it with the toothpaste. The other way to use it is to mix a few drops of water with it and using it as a toothpaste.
- We can use baking soda with lemon juice to whiten our teeth.
- Baking soda can also be used with coconut oil. When we mix coconut oil with baking soda to brush our teeth, we are surely safe by tooth decay and discoloration at the same time.
- The results start appearing after a few days of constant use.
- Charcoal is a natural absorbent. It is useful in detoxification of mouth. It vanishes away all the Bacteria and food residuals from our mouth.
- It is also mildly coarse to scrub away all the stains.
- Brushing the teeth with charcoal powder can whiten the teeth vividly.
- Charcoal also helps in fighting with a tooth cavity.
- When bacteria form a layer on teeth, it leads to gum inflammation called gingivitis. Gingivitis can be treated with charcoal effectively.
- Charcoal powder can also be used by mixing it with regular toothpaste and brushing.
- Oil pulling is a traditional Indian remedy to detoxify the mouth. We just need to swish oil in our mouth just like we do with mouthwash.
- When a person swishes oil for 15-20 minutes, he can get rid of plaque, bad breath, bacteria, and other microorganisms.
- We can use coconut oil for swishing. Coconut oil has lauric acid, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial effects. Thus, swishing it can be used to brighten teeth along with the treatment of bleeding gums, inflammation of gums, and other problems.
- Moreover, it’s the cheapest and easiest way to improve oral hygiene.
Fruit peels :
The peels of several fruits are obliging in teeth whitening. Banana peel is a rich source of potassium and magnesium. When we rub a small portion of a banana peel on our teeth, there’s a considerable difference in before and after. It’s easy to use. We just have to rub the banana peel on our teeth, and after 10 minutes, we need to work with a dry brush then wash out the mouth regularly.
- Lemon peels are the whitening and bleaching agent. We can rub lemon peel on our teeth or can use lemon juice instead.
- Orange peels are natural teeth whiteners. Orange peel contains vitamin C, glycerin, and other fibers that prevent tooth discoloration.
- Except for fruit peels, eating fruits can also whiten teeth and improve the health of teeth.
Turmeric powder :
- Turmeric powder helps in improving oral hygiene. It helps in removing stains from the teeth. It has a role in teeth whitening too. It can be used by mixing it in a little amount of water to make a thick paste, and then here you go brushing with it.
- Turmeric powder contains curcumin, which also has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial effects. Bacteria and plaque from the teeth can be vanished using turmeric powder.
- We can use Turmeric powder with coconut oil for better results. We just need to make a paste by mixing both ingredients and use it.
- Turmeric gel can prevent gingivitis and other problems related to gums.
- Turmeric powder is always the safest way to whiten teeth as it does not harm teeth or gums.
Precaution is better than cure, so we can also precautions to prevent our teeth from discoloration.
By avoiding junk foods and quitting smoking can help in whitening teeth.