A necrophiliac double murderer has admitted to sexually abusing 23 dead women in hospital mortuaries.
David Fuller, 68, pleaded guilty to 12 counts of sexual penetration of a corpse and four counts of possession of extreme pornography between 2007 and 2020 at Croydon Crown Court on Thursday.
The former Tunbridge Wells Hospital electrician, who is already serving life for killing two women and sexually abusing 78 female corpses, appeared in court to face 16 new sex charges earlier this year.
Fuller could access all areas of the hospital and carry out his depraved crimes.
Kent Police said an investigation had led to evidence relating to a total of 101 victims and the latest charges relate to the 23 remaining victims, all of whom were dead adult women – 10 have not been identified.
The pensioner was imprisoned for beating and strangling Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, to death before sexually assaulting them in two separate attacks in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, in 1987.
He also filmed himself abusing corpses, including a nine-year-old girl, two 16-year-olds, and a 100-year-old woman, over 12 years before his arrest in December 2020.
Double murderer David Fuller, 68, has pleaded guilty at Croydon Crown Court to 16 sexual offences relating to 23 dead women in mortuaries between 2007 and 2020
The necrophiliac, who is already serving life for killing two women and sexually abusing 102 female corpses, appeared in court to face 16 new sex charges earlier this year
Fuller received two whole life sentences in December 2021 after pleading guilty at Maidstone Crown Court to the murders, as well as 51 other offences, including 44 charges relating to 78 victims in mortuaries between 2008 and November 2020.
His crimes first came to light after he was linked to one of Britain’s longest unsolved double killings more than 30 years ago.
During the investigation, Fuller was linked to the cold cases by a DNA breakthrough that then led police to his stash of sickening recordings of himself abusing corpses.
Azra Kemal, 24, was one of Fuller’s victims. The warped hospital electrician sneaked into the mortuary at Tunbridge Wells Hospital in Kent three times to sexually abuse her body
Fuller, 67, admitted killing Wendy Knell, 25, (left) and Caroline Pierce, 20, (right) in 1987 in what became known as the ‘Bedsit Murders’ – one of Britain’s longest unsolved murder cases
The inquiry into Fuller’s crimes was announced in November last year. Pictured: The murderer after being arrested and put into custody
He will spend the rest of his life in prison after he was convicted of two counts of murder and the sexual abuse of bodies – both at Tunbridge Wells and the former Kent and Sussex Hospital
Fuller, as the Tunbridge Wells Hospital electrician, could access all areas of the hospital and carry out his depraved crimes
The inquiry into Fuller’s crimes was announced in November last year by the Secretary of State of Health and Social Care.
It has worked with the families of the more than 100 dead victims.
The inquiry was due to publish its phase 1 report by the end of this year.
This will investigate how Fuller was able to carry out his crimes on corpses and ‘why they went unnoticed’.
But this initial report will now not be published until ‘the first half of next year’.
A statement from the inquiry said: ‘The volume of evidence the inquiry has and continues to receive, and the number of witnesses to interview, is far greater than anticipated.
‘In order to ensure all evidence is considered and analysed thoroughly, the inquiry will therefore require more time than originally planned.
‘Sir Jonathan Michael [inquiry chairman] and his team are committed to being thorough and will balance that with working at pace.
‘This means that the inquiry’s initial report on matters relating to Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust, will now be published in the first half of 2023.’
The additional charges brought against Fuller are ‘not currently expected to alter the timeline of our work’.
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk