BREAKING NEWS: New John Bolton bombshell explodes minutes before Senate starts debating whether to call witnesses: His book is revealed to say Donald Trump ordered him to set up meeting between Rudy Giuliani and Ukraine president
- The latest revelation come as the Senate starts debate on whether to call witnesses
- Surprise statement by Sen. Lamar Alexander reveals the votes aren’t there for witnesses
- Trump told Bolton to assist his pressure campaign on Ukraine, former security advisor writes
- He says White House counsel Pat Cipollone was in the room at the time
- Cipollone has been leading the defense that Trump carried out no impeachable offenses
John Bolton’s book manuscript contains yet another revelation about the Ukraine affair that emerged just minutes before the Senate was to start debating whether to call impeachment witnesses – including Bolton himself.
This time, the new information puts Bolton in the thick of President Donald Trump’s push for Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.
His impeachment lawyers have spent a week arguing the president did nothing wrong and nothing impeachable. According to the new information, reported in the New York Times, Trump told Bolton in early May of last year to help his campaign to pressure Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.
Democrats want to call former National Security Adviser John Bolton
Bolton, who has written a book that the White House National Security Council has told him not to publish for classification reasons, describes an Oval Office meeting where Trump gave the instruction. Also present was White House counsel Pat Cipollone – who has been leading Trump’s defense.
The latest bombshell comes after a surprise statement by Sen. Lamar Alexander stating that he would vote against calling witnesses, in part because the case was already proven.