North Melbourne back troubled star Tarryn Thomas after he was accused of ‘threatening and intimidating multiple women’ with sickening alleged text messages
- Thomas charged with alleged threat to distribute intimate image
- AFL integrity unit informed of shocking alleged texts
- North Melbourne standing by the utility despite incidents
North Melbourne are standing behind troubled utility Tarryn Thomas, but say they will await the outcome of court proceedings before confirming their ‘next course of action’.
Thomas hit the headlines last month after being charged with threatening to distribute an intimate image.
In a separate incident, he was stopped by police when driving with a suspended licence during the Kangaroos’ Christmas break.
This week more allegations were aired in the media about Thomas’ treatment of women, with North Melbourne president Sonja Hood penning an open letter on Wednesday to address the ‘serious and confronting allegations’.
Thomas (pictured centre with new Kangaroos coach Alastair Clarkson, right) still has the backing of his club despite a series of serious allegations made against him
The North Melbourne young gun has been accused of threatening and intimidating behaviour
Hood didn’t go into details about the latest claims, but she said the club took ‘allegation of threats of violence against women’ extremely seriously.
The AFL Integrity Unit heard allegations which included:
In a barrage of text messages, Thomas allegedly tells a woman: ‘You’re a f****** joke … keep talking s*** … s*** going to come around soon … your turn will come … s*** is going to go down … I’m not a n***** to be f****ed with.’
Another woman reportedly told friends: ‘I’m too scared… I know he’s gonna kill me’.
A different woman revealed how the footballer sent intimate pictures he had taken of her to others.
Hood also gave an insight into the past and present programs put in place by the club since Thomas’ past indiscretions came to light.
‘The club was aware of formal allegations made against Tarryn during 2022 that were investigated by the AFL’s Integrity Unit. Tarryn and the club co-operated fully with those investigations,’ Hood wrote.
‘The advice provided by the AFL following these incidents was that Tarryn should undertake training and education to deal with his behavioural issues.
North Melbourne boss Sonja Hood has revealed the club was aware of ‘serious and confronting allegations’ against the star that were investigated by the AFL Integrity Unit in 2022
‘The club has since built a significant and multi-layered program which includes respectful relationships education, working with psychologists, mentoring, peer support and community outreach for Tarryn to complete so he can meet North Melbourne’s values and community expectations.
‘He has started work on this program and we’ll continue to support Tarryn as he completes this work.’
Hood said that if any further investigations arise from the new information passed on to the AFL or the police, the club and Thomas would co-operate fully.
Thomas still has to face court over the allegation of threatening to distribute an intimate image.
‘Subject to any further investigations, the club will await the outcome of the court proceedings before confirming our next course of action,’ Hood wrote.
The 22-year-old Thomas played only 10 AFL games for the Kangaroos last season and was dropped from the senior side in June for not meeting training standards.
Thomas has played 57 games for the Roos since being selected with pick No.8 at the 2018 national draft.
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk