Now THAT’S a salad: Pasta salad with goat’s cheese and tomatoes
From delicate crab to exotic lamb, more mouthwatering ideas in our second helping of super salads.
This delicious pasta salad with goat’s cheese & tomatoes (pictured) is best served on plates topped with the slices of goat’s cheese, and garnished with extra basil
For the pesto
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 200g (7oz) cherry tomatoes
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 25g (1oz) each of pumpkin seeds and pine nuts
- A large bunch of basil, some reserved for serving
- 100ml (3½fl oz) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 300g (10½oz) pasta shapes
- 100g (3½oz) mixed heritage tomatoes, quartered
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- 150g (5½oz) log of soft goat’s cheese, sliced
Put the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and pulse until all combined and finely chopped. Season and set aside. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, less 1 minute for al dente.
Drain and refresh with cold water. Tip the pasta into a bowl and stir through the pesto, quartered tomatoes and chilli flakes (if using). Season to taste. Serve on plates topped with the slices of goat’s cheese, and garnished with extra basil.