News, Culture & Society

NSW paedophile jailed for 18 years after filming himself abusing boy and sharing footage on Snapchat

‘I wish I had a son to play with’: Read the vile messages a twisted paedophile who filmed himself abusing a pre-pubescent boy sent to other perverts – as his litany of crimes is revealed

  • Justin Kenneth Radford abused the same young boy since at least 2019
  • He shared videos of the abuse online, including when the boy tried to stop him
  • Boy’s family found out after the arrest and worry that he will never recover

Pictured: Justin Kenneth Radford, 30

A ‘sad and lonely’ paedophile who filmed himself sexually abusing a young boy and shared the depraved footage on Snapchat has been jailed for 18 years. 

Justin Kenneth Radford was arrested at his home in Wyong, on the NSW Central Coast, in February last year after police received a tip off from US authorities that the popular media sharing app was being used to distribute child sex abuse material.

In a series of sick messages uncovered by police, Radford sent six videos to another paedophile and asked if they had ‘baby stuff’.  

Another user told Radford that he has a son he ‘loved playing with’ – to which Radford replied: ‘I wish I had a son to play with’ and ‘I’m so jealous of you.’ 

The 30-year-old pleaded guilty to 17 charges, including seven counts of sexually touching a young boy, along with a range of charges relating to disseminating thousands of child abuse and bestiality images and videos to 19 people.

In Gosford District Court on Tuesday, Judge Tanya Bright read parts of a heartbreaking victim impact statement where the boy’s family explained that they only found about about their son’s abuse after Radford was arrested.

Justin Kenneth Radford (pictured) was jailed for 18 years on Tuesday for abusing a young boy

Justin Kenneth Radford (pictured) was jailed for 18 years on Tuesday for abusing a young boy

‘There is no real way I can explain the hurt, the pain, the sadness. We battle every day and find ways forward to overcome the experience as much as we can,’ the statement read, according to news.com.au.

The family said they initially noticed the boy’s behaviour had changed – he was ‘clearly distressed’ and started rejected affection, such as hugging and kissing.

After learning about the abuse, they were forced to move house and the father quit his job to ensure he was home more often.

Radford sent footage of the boy to online paedophiles and said he hoped to ‘get more of him soon’. 

Judge Bright said: ‘They describe their concern for (the victim) as he becomes older and they are distressed that they do not know whether (the victim) will remember the events.’

Pictured: Police raiding a home under Operation Arkenstone, after which they arrested 17 men

Pictured: Police raiding a home under Operation Arkenstone, after which they arrested 17 men

The court heard the former Nine Network tape library assistant had 10 videos which showed him abusing the boy on four separate days from about January 2019 onwards.

Each disturbing video ranges from around nine to 51 seconds, and shows Radford sexually abusing the boy – who tries to stop him.

In one video, the twisted paedophile stops his victim from leaving the room before abusing him.

While speaking with another child abuser via email, Radford said he had ‘tons’ of footage, but said he would ‘rather not share them online’ – ending the message with a laughing emoji.

Pictured: A man with his head in his hands after being arrested during a police operation

Pictured: A man with his head in his hands after being arrested during a police operation 

Pictured: A man being arrested after a crack down on paedophile who use Dropbox

Pictured: A man being arrested after a crack down on paedophile who use Dropbox

‘Also please hide or remove these since my names on them haha,’ he wrote, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Officers only downloaded nine links containing illicit material from the Dropbox folder due to the sheer quantity available.

Because the links were available for interested parties to download, police shut down the remaining links.

After he was arrested, AFP officers established strike force Operation Arkstone and arrested 17 men across NSW, Western Australia and Queensland.

More than 800 charges have been laid. 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk