The hero dentist who rescued a child from allegedly being molested in a grubby toilet broke down in tears after being asked about the harrowing incident.
Jeffery Stack, 54, became emotional after being interviewed by television reporters about his brave intervention at a dance studio in Kogarah, Sydney.
Mr Stack forced his way into a filthy bathroom stall stop Anthony Sampieri who had allegedly attacked a seven-year-old girl on Thursday night.
Mr Stack managed to knock Sampieri unconscious after the alleged child molester stabbed another parent with a scalpel.
Sampieri had previously spent three years incarcerated following a violent sexual assault in the Illawarra region in 2012.
The hero dentist who helped save a child being molested at dance school has questioned why the ‘well-behaved’ sexual predator was granted parole
He was released on parole in September 2017 after he demonstrated satisfactory prison performance and participated in a sex-offender program, Nine News reported.
The State Parole Authority revoked the parole within hours of Thursday’s arrest, launching calls for a review of NSW’s early release program.
NSW Opposition Leader Michael Daley said the incident was a failing on the government and called for a system-wide review of parole.
‘The police do an amazing job keeping tabs on some of the most dangerous offenders in our society but they cannot do it with one hand tied behind their backs,’ he said in a statement.
Amid the revelations, Corrective Services Minister David Elliott has called for an ‘urgent’ briefing on the circumstances that led to the offender receiving parole as community safety is paramount.
According to Mr Elliot, Sampieri was subject to a number of strict parole conditions – but it’s been reported the alleged attacker was not wearing a GPS ankle tracker.
Dentist Jeffery Stack has been revealed as the hero dentist who knocked out a man to stop him sexually assaulting a young girl
‘I am deeply troubled by the events under investigation at the Kogarah dance studio,’ he said in a statement given to Daily Mail Australia.
‘This offender was on parole and was subject to a number of strict conditions.
‘As community safety is paramount, I have asked for an urgent brief on all the circumstances which led to the offender being granted parole.’
Premier Gladys Berejiklian backed her minister, claiming her government would investigate if further action would need to be addressed.
‘Once we get further details, we’ll determine if we need to take further action,’ she told reporters.
‘NSW has the toughest parole laws in the land, we have the toughest supervision laws in the land.
‘I don’t want to leave a single stone unturned.’
The seven-year-old girl was allegedly attacked at the St George Dance Centre in Kogarah, south of Sydney, about 8pm on Thursday (pictured)
Speaking to Channel Nine, Dr Stack said he would be happy to see the parole system changed.
‘In this instance, [the parole board] obviously got it very very wrong,’ he said. ‘It obviously needs to be addressed, so it can’t happen again.’
As he tried to continue the thought, he broke down in tears, clearly deeply affected by the events of Thursday night.
‘It was all very traumatic and it was a shocking experience,’ he said.
Mr Stack was a boxing fanatic during university, and his ex-wife Marie said she was glad to hear his skills had come in handy at a time they were desperately needed.
‘He would never stand by while someone was getting hurt,’ she said.
His mother Gloria told Daily Mail Australia her son was ‘a wonderful person’.
‘I couldn’t fault him in any way shape or form,’ she said. ‘He’d do anything for anybody.
‘It was all very traumatic and it was a shocking experience,’ Dr Stack said as he broke down in tears (pictured)
The girl had gone missing and was found in the toilet (pictured) along with a man who allegedly had ‘his pants halfway down’
‘That’s his nature, that’s how he is.’
Mrs Stack said her son had provided a lengthy statement to the police, after hearing the commotion from his dental practice nearby.
Mr Stack volunteers regularly with Stepping Stone House, a homeless charity, providing free dental care to clients and helping out with activities.
He was an active member of the Scouts, with his son Ryan, who told Daily Mail Australia how proud he was of his father.
‘I think his efforts were tremendous,’ he said.
‘I’m thankful he didn’t get harmed or anything in the process but his intervention was definitely something I’m proud that he did.
‘Considering prior to the incident he was helping the mother to look for her daughter, he’s definitely the kind of guy to be willing to help someone out no matter the circumstances or how busy he is.’
Ryan said his father does not just talk about being a good person and helping out, and the dentist proved that on Thursday night.
‘When the actual situation was going down, he intervened and was able to stop the assailant and help the girl, who I really hope is okay,’ he said.
Dr Stack is regarded by many as a hero, and has worked closely with boy scouts and a variety of youth charities for years
Dr Stack has not been available for comment, but his son Ryan (pictured) said he was ‘proud’ of his dad
Daily Mail Australia has contacted Dr Stack multiple times for comment, but has not received a response.
But his receptionist was happy to share her opinion.
‘He’s awesome,’ she said. ‘He always has been amazing and I expect nothing less from him, He’s just a really good person.’
The seven-year-old girl Dr Stack saved is understood to have been locked in the cubicle for up to half an hour with her alleged attacker.
Witnesses previously revealed they heard ‘blood-curdling screams’ before they found the alleged attacker in the cubicle with his ‘pants halfway down’.
‘I heard this awful screaming like two adults fighting and then this really panicked yelling, ”call the police, call the police”, over and over,’ beauty salon owner Rachelle Yousse told news.com.au.
‘He was talking on the phone and walking and I said: ”you have to sit down you have blood coming out”. I got Chux superwipes for the bleeding.
‘He sat and then he just laid down in shock. He was overwhelmed.’
A seven-year-old girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted at a dance school was allegedly locked inside a toilet cubicle with the accused predator for a torturous 30 minutes
The young girl was taken to Sydney Children’s hospital after the traumatic incident
Nicola ‘Nick’ Gilio, 46, the parent who rushed to the girl’s aid at Sydney’s St George Dance Studio, said the young girl was the hero, not him.
‘The little girl, she is the hero for the minutes she endured before I got there… the mum was also involved and the dentist was there, too,’ Mr Gilio told the Daily Telegraph.
NSW Police Superintendent Julian Griffiths said Anthony Sampieri, the alleged attacker was expected to be questioned in coming days, but was still under guard in hospital after being injured in the brawl.
He also confirmed the alleged attacker was a local but not associated with the dance studio. Sampieri, the girl, Dr Stack and Mr Gilio were also not known to each other.
‘It appears to be a random, isolated incident,’ Supt Griffiths said.
‘[He] will not be in a position to assist police inquiries until early next week or when we receive medical advice to confirm he’s available to be spoken to.’
Dr Stack burst into tears on Monday as he thought back to the incident during an interview with a television crew
On Monday, it was revealed Sampieri had been jailed for seven years after he lured a 60-year-old woman into his Wollongong home on October 22, 2012.
The 54-year-old was convicted of aggravated sexual assault in July 2013 and ordered to serve at least four years behind bars, backdated to the day of the crime.
Sampieri first became eligible for parole consideration in October 2016, a parole authority spokeswoman told AAP.
His sentence expires on October 21, 2019.
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.